Thirty one

Izuku and Inko were walking towards their car in the parking lot of the cities mall. The sun was starting to set, displaying beautiful arrays of orange in the sky. They had spent the whole day on a shopping spree. But the most important part is that they were together.

They hopped into the car buckling in. Inko excitedly reached in the backseat and held a bag towards Izuku. "What's this?" He said. Slowly taking the bag from her hands he opened it to find a box.

"Your other one is busted so," Inko watched as he opened the box. A shiny black screen revealed Izuku's reflection. He turned to Inko surprised.

"A phone!" Inko said, making jazz hands.
"When did you?—" He took the device out of the box and held it in his hand. He looked like a child receiving gifts on Christmas morning.

"I have my tricks," she smiled as she started the car and backed out of the lot. And besides new phones, Izuku had a few new pairs of clothes.
"Thank you," Izuku smiled and turned the phone on. He watched the screen light up and a welcome page popped up. Inko ruffled his hair smiling at him. "Always." She said.
_
Mitsuki pov

I hung up the phone with the detective in anger after yelling a series of profanities. I'm the type of person who would happily cooperate given the opportunity but this detective was definitely out of his mind.

Asking a series of ridiculous questions about my son. This detective really had some nerve. I saw the front door open and Masaru poked his head through. He gave me a quick smile and stepped out closing the door behind him. He sank into the patio chair and raised his eyebrows.

"Do you think our child's a murderer?" I said out of the blue. Rubbing the bridge of my nose, hoping to stop an oncoming headache. My husband looked perplexed at the question.

"I- no? I don't think so?" He said unsure about his answer, I sighed. "The detective, what did he say?"

I shook my head confused, "Stuff about Izuku he wanted me to confirm, then he mentioned Katsuki," I mumbled.

"And dropped charges against him." I said looking at Masaru straight in the eyes. He furrowed his eyebrows, "Charges? Charges for what?"

"Encouragement of suicide." We both went silent, staring at the floor.

"I know our son is an asshole but," Masaru looked up in confusion "those two grew up together, I don't get it." He stood up leaving me to my thoughts.

Before he went inside I tapped on his arm, "don't and I mean don't tell Katsuki about anything, about Izuku." He nodded and headed back inside. I sank into the chair and sighed.