Eighteen

Izuku pov

"IM TIRED OF THIS NONSENSE, GET TSUKAUCHI IN HERE RIGHT NOW!" The man who was doing the interrogation stormed out of the door slamming it shut.

After what seemed of hours of trying to explain the truth, the policeman obviously thought I had been lying. I was not. In fact I kept insisting so much that at one point he stopped acting professional. I was driving him crazy but what more could I do?

I sat in the room alone again, dozing off. I had been here for hours without food, water, or a bathroom. I blankly stared at the clock on the wall. Listening to every tick, every second. I might drive myself insane, I don't blame the officer.

It must've been another thirty or so minutes when I dozed off, the door reopened and I abruptly woke up. This time a more well kept gentleman in a beige coat walked in with a warming smile. He pulled his chair comfortably settling down. He crossed his legs before flipping through a file that contained my picture.

"The previous officer informed me about the things you told him," he was soft spoken and straight to the point. I looked at him and nodded. He looked back at me inspecting me.

"Ohm yea, you think I'm insane right?" I chuckled

"Ohm yea, you think I'm insane right?" I chuckled. The detective smiled once more.

"Not entirely, you see I have a quirk that can detect lies." He waited to see my response, perhaps nervousness or hesitation. I just sat back and nodded, I didn't have anything to lie for. The detective knew this.

"Okay, lets begin with a few questions."

~

Tsukauchi pov

"True, true, and true." I checked off the notes I had collected while interrogating the young boy. I've come to find out his name is Midoriya and all his claims about suicide were true.

I sat in my desk in doubt, glancing at my monitor that displayed live footage of the interrogation room. The boy just sat there tapping his foot. I had to confirm my suspicions. I pulled up private records of the deceased on my monitor.

I searched for the boys name and paused on the enter button. I hesitated for a moment before hitting enter....

Only three records came up on the system. And one matched his green hair. The boy had indeed been telling the truth.

He was a puny little middle schooler with the face and voice of a high schooler

He was a puny little middle schooler with the face and voice of a high schooler. Somehow he aged when he was 'ressurected' how was this possible?

I scrolled further to the contact information, just one phone number and a residential address. His mothers, perhaps she could verify my disbeliefs even further.

I abruptly stood up racing back into the interrogation room, the boy looked at me. in the midst of silence a large growl came from his stomach. He reddened, sheepishly smiling.

"Haven't had any food since I came back from the dead," he shrugged his shoulders. "I'll get something arranged for you, but I need to make a few important phone calls." I headed out, the boy nodded.

I basically zoomed through the office to my desk. I plopped down my chair reaching for the phone. When a coworker stood behind me.

"So whats up with that mystery kid? You actually believe he rose from the dead?"

I held the phone to my ear glancing up at my coworker with a promising look. "That's what were about to find out." I dialed the number displayed on the monitor. My coworker leaned in for a better listen.

The phone rang a bit before going into voicemail. My coworker frowned shaking her head, "Good luck." She left the desk, I held the phone in disappointment. I called again not wanting to give up.

And again. I left a good amount of voicemails.

An hour passed by with no luck I tapped my foot thinking of what to do next. What if I just call one last time? It definitely wouldn't hurt to try.

Static from the other end. But this time a quiet woman's voice emerged. She sounded groggy like she had just woken up. I looked at the time and it was past midnight, three am. Whoops.

"Hello?" The woman spoke, I didn't hesitate to reply.

"Hello, is this Inko Midoriya?" The line became silent, before the woman spoke again.

"Yes, who is this?" My face lit up.