2.

[I hope you guys are having a great day/night.]

[Should I make an Instagram and go live?]

▲▲▲

"Baby, I'm fine."

Malcolm sat beside her and said, "I'm just making sure. You want something else to drink?"

"No." She shook her head lightly. "You just poured me a glass of water, remember?"

Jersey pointed at the tall glass of water sitting on the nightstand beside her. Malcolm nodded stiffly and decided to rub the side of his face.

"Just come to bed."

"I can't." He pushed out. "I have some business to handle."

"Business?" She reiterated. "Are you leaving me here?"

"No." He reached out to grab her hands and decided to wrap them with his large hands. "I'll be right in the living room. Harlem is going to be with me, too."

Jersey just laid there listening to him.

"And if you need anything, just call me on your phone. I'll have my cell nearby."

"Okay."

Malcolm leaned over and pressed his lips against hers. They didn't make out at all. A few smooches were the only exchange. When he pulled back, he could see the weariness on her face.

"Get you some rest."

"I will."

Malcolm grabbed a few things out of his closet and left.

Jersey was now alone. She was lying in bed with the comforter and blankets up to her waist. A few pillows propped her up comfortably, and she had the fan blowing in the room. The flat-screen television was mounted on the wall and in front of the bed, allowing her to get a good vision of the movie.

She palmed her face for a moment and sighed heavily. Jersey was still shocked about what happened earlier. The woman's anxiety levels increased, and she ended up fainting. For some reason, she reacted negatively to the man who stood outside her office.

He scared the living hell out of Jersey. The scowling facial expression, finger-pointing, and yelling sent her into overdrive.

Immediately, the guards went by her side to see what the issue was. Most were certified in first aid. At first, they assumed it was an allergy reaction but eventually concluded that she was suffering from an anxiety attack.

Malcolm flew downstairs with Candace behind him. She carried Harlem safely as she tried to keep up with her boss. Seeing him in distress was rare for Candace. She could tell that he loved and cared for Jersey a lot. When he received the phone call about her, pain and fear were etched across his face.

Jersey didn't stay unconscious for a long time. She opened her eyes two minutes later and realized everyone was surrounding her. Malcolm was in the middle, constantly checking her pulse.

As expected, the paramedics arrived and checked her out. There wasn't much to handle in this situation. Her anxiety went into overdrive and caused her to faint.

Now, she was at home trying to rest.

▲▲▲

"I was wrong," Malcolm muttered while running his hand across the side of his hairy face. "Seema, Hank, and Catcher are powerless."

"You thought they were behind the shit that's going on now?"

Malcolm glanced at his friend, Ryder, and said, "Yes. But It's not them. Federal prison isn't letting shit slide. The phones are recorded unless they have help from the guards, and I doubt anyone wants to get involved in their shit."