9.

[Filler Chapter]

"I told her to call me!" June raised her voice. "I told that bitch to call me so we could talk everything out. She's the one who decided to do that. I don't care what Naomi does."

Jersey sat on the couch with her legs tucked under her butt. She held her iPhone in her hand as she typed away. The woman was busy texting Malcolm back, but she couldn't help but hear an earful of what June was saying.

From what Jersey could infer, there were some issues between June and Naomi. The situation hadn't been fully revealed since June and Morgan spoke in a hush lingo.

"Hey, what are you two doing here?" Frida questioned the women sarcastically as she removed her glasses from her face.

"Mama." June blared as she neared her mom. "I can't wait to tell you what happened to me today-oh hey, Jersey."

"Hey," Jersey responded dryly.

"Where's the baby?"

"At home with his dad."

"Aw..." June trailed off and started her rant. "But mama-Naomi called me with some dumb shit today. She thinks that I'm the one who told Chanel about her having an abortion."

Frida raised her eyebrows and asked, "You didn't?"

"No!" June tossed her arms up and said, "I haven't told anyone. Naomi and Chanel are into it because they had an argument while drunk. The situation escalated, and Chanel called her out for having an abortion. They almost fought-luckily, we kept them apart."

Jersey's eyes widened from the newfound knowledge. She could believe that the girls were fighting. June's friend group was messy, and everyone talked too much. They were always calling each other their names, drinking heavily, and doing too much. A collision was bound to happen.

"Wait a minute." Frida held her hand up. "I know who Naomi is, but who is this Chanel girl?"

"Chanel, mama," June emphasized Chanel's name. "The dark-skinned girl who stopped by here. You said she favored Tatyana Ali, remember?"

"Oh..." Frida trailed off and pushed out. "The pretty one. Yeah, I remember her. So, they got drunk, and now Naomi is upset with you because she thinks that you-"

"Told Chanel...but I didn't." June shrugged her shoulders. "I would never tell her business. She's a model, which could ruin many opportunities for her. Thank God Chanel didn't go to the internet with it."

"Oh, y'all will be okay."

"I don't know, mama." June shook her head. "Chanel really hurt Naomi. She had no business bringing that up."

"This is why I told you to stop letting new people in our group." Morgan included herself in the conversation. "Hey, auntie."

"Hey." Frida greeted her back. She placed her attention on her iPad. "What are you doing in Brooklyn?"

"I came to check on my mom," Morgan replied calmly. "She's been dealing with a lot lately, so I'm here to help her."

"Good." Frida nodded her head. "How is the interior designer job going?"

"It's going great." Morgan marveled while running her fingers through her hair. She wore a short bob that complemented her brown complexion. As expected, her nails were long and painted blue. "I have clients, and I'm making money."

"Good. Hopefully, you're keeping that attitude of yours in check."

June glanced at Jersey, and then she put her attention on Morgan and raised her eyebrows. Morgan shot her aunt an awkward expression, but she managed to grin.