19.

▲▲▲

Jersey was fast asleep in bed when the sound of construction work rudely awakened her. Her eyes popped open, and she fluttered them. She kept her pupils focused on the white ceiling. She knew that the contractors were outside constructing in the backyard.

Malcolm and Jersey decided to get a pool built in their backyard. Harlem was growing, and they wanted to get him some swimming lessons. Instead of going to a public pool, they would give Harlem the privilege of hiring a professional swim instructor who could do one-on-one lessons.

It would be prepared by summer.

Suddenly, a few coos caught her attention. Jersey looked down and realized Harlem was up and looking at her. Judging from his little yawns, he'd just awakened too.

"Good morning, cutie." She spoke sweetly to her son.

Harlem grew excited from hearing his mom's voice. He neared his mommy and smashed his face against hers. Jersey peppered kisses across his jaw. Harlem broke into tiny giggles, and that caused Jersey to laugh as well.

"Are you ready to eat?" She questioned him while watching the infant lift his body. He pressed his hands against her torso while looking around the room. Jersey didn't mind him crawling around on the bed. The bed was huge, giving Harlem a lot of space to crawl around. However, she still paid close attention to him.

He used his chubby hands to pull on her shirt, indicating he wanted milk. Jersey didn't hesitate to feed him. She pulled her breast out and allowed him to latch on. Jersey wanted to wean her baby from breastfeeding but felt it wasn't the right time. Plus, she wasn't ready to stop. In her opinion, she was able to bond with her baby, and weaning him at seven months was too early. She still pumped his milk when she wasn't too tired. Usually, the infant consumed the liquid gold through her breasts.

Breastmilk wasn't Harlem's only meal. Jersey made sure to introduce him to solids. The tot ate eggs, pancakes, oatmeal, and cereal for breakfast. For lunch, he had meat, veggies, potatoes, and rice.

While he was eating, she removed her new phone from the charger and checked it out. Malcolm purchased a new phone for her. She decided to get the iPhone 14 Pro Max. It was silver and covered in a navy blue case. Jersey looked at her notifications and realized she had a few text messages and one missed call from Frida.

Jeanne wants to meet you. She has the perfect wedding ideas. Frida.

Frida was planning the wedding. That was true. However, she was a professional interior designer specializing in decorating homes, not events. She needed help putting together Jersey's decorations and furnishings for her wedding. Jeanne was the perfect person to help with the decision. Frida mentioned the woman before. Jersey knew Jeanne was a black British woman from the United Kingdom who married rich and is into designing weddings. That was it. Frida showed off her portfolio, and Jersey was impressed.

She wanted something simple yet tasteful and elegant. She initially strived for an extravagant wedding but didn't want to be flashy. A micro, sleek wedding was more than enough.

She sighed while tapping against the screen. The sound of her nails clicking and clacking caught Harlem's attention. He grabbed her fingers and tried pulling them near his face.

"Hold on. Finish eating. I'm texting Gigi." Jersey spoke to her son softly while focusing on the text. As soon as the text was sent, she kissed Harlem, who was busy suckling and trying to grab her face.

"I need to get up..." Jersey trailed off while closing her eyes for a brief moment. She looked around the room and realized it was a little disoriented. The television was off, clothes were piled on the floor, and the bed needed to be made. Unfortunately, she wouldn't have time to clean up until Harlem's nap. She knew he wasn't going to let her clean up.