SAVAGE - NEW GENERATION

[hi!!! 🩷🥹 the fact that I typed up 2k+ words this quick.]

A thick crowd of proud family members sat inside a massive auditorium. Everyone watched as the announcer called out the names of students graduating from the historically black college, Florida A&M University. All of the graduates sat patiently while dressed in their cap and gowns. They were draped in green, black, and orange.

"Look at our baby," Jersey whispered to Malcolm as she leaned over to speak. Joy was in her face as she held the graduation program.

Malcolm furrowed his brows while pinpointing his oldest son. He noticed Harlem sitting among the other graduates. He was busy sitting in a slouch position that Malcolm didn't seem to like.

"Why is he slouching?" Malcolm rasped to his wife.

"He's probably just tired," Jersey smirked to herself.

Malcolm scoffed but didn't bother to respond to his wife. The commencement went on for what seemed like hours. The entire Sullivan family were in attendance to see Harlem graduate. Malcolm and Jersey's little family hopped on a private jet to Florida just to be there. Frida, Amber, Bernie, and others were also there. They wanted to see Harlem walk across the stage and receive his bachelor's degree.

"Mom?"

Jersey glanced at one of her younger sons. Malcolm Jr. sat beside her, chewing gum and holding his Nintendo Switch. He was the spitting image of her and Harlem. He even shared the same grey eyes as his big brother and sister.

Jersey looked over, so Malcolm Jr. took that as a cue to speak.

"Can I go outside and charge my Nintendo Switch?"

"No," Jersey responded to her son. She gave him a stern answer.

"But my game is about to die."

"You should've put it on the charger before we left the hotel. Besides, your brother's name is about to be called."

"But Sinclair left." Malcolm Jr. continued.

Malcolm Jr. loved following behind his older brothers. He wanted to do everything like them. He didn't understand that he was only ten and couldn't do what Harlem, Sinclair, and Preston did.

"What did I say, MJ?"

Malcolm noticed his wife speaking to his son. He leaned over, taking control. It always took him to check their children and put them in their place. He was a savage, so they didn't play with him. Jersey, on the other hand, was a calm parent with an easygoing parenting style.

"What did your mom just tell you?" Malcolm questioned his son with a strict tone. "You sit there, and you wait. Your brother's name is about to be called."

MJ pouted, but he didn't backtalk. He knew not to try his father and mother. Instead, he leaned his head down and proceeded to play the game on his Nintendo Switch.

A few moments later, Harlem's name was called. There was an unexpected burst of audible applause from the crowd. Jersey and Malcolm weren't expecting to hear them. The Sullivan clan was loud, but the strangers were shouting with bliss.

Oh, my baby boy is popular. Jersey said to herself as she held her camera up, recording Harlem. Malcolm, on the other hand, didn't understand the whole thing. He didn't seem excited about it. It actually irritated him.

Harlem stood up and walked across the stage with a confident stroll. He was taller than Malcolm and probably weighed more. Of course, his baby fat shed, but he kept some due to his stature.