12.

"Are you sure about that, Mrs. Turner, because your husband doesn't think you are being faithful."

"I am...I am." The heavyset Caucasian woman cried as she wiped her tears away. "I've always been faithful to you-from the beginning." The woman placed her eyes on her husband, who stood on the opposite side. He wore a nonchalant expression on his face.

"Yeah, right," Jersey remarked as she chewed on bubblegum. She took advantage of the leisure time and decided to lay in bed and watch an old episode of Lauren Lake's Paternity Court.

"I think you're lying." The husband spoke up.

"What?" The woman jerked her neck just to look at her husband. "You think I'm lying?"

"Yes. I do."

"Me too." Jersey concurred with the husband while nodding her head. "Look at that baby, look at him. He looks biracial, come onnnn." She drawled while shaking her head. "These women, bruh...."

Malcolm walked inside on alert. He wanted to know what was going on. Instantly, he relaxed when he realized Jersey was talking to the television. Lauren Lake was on, which made a lot of sense.

"...I think it's time, we have the results," Lauren spoke, instantly cutting them off. She grabbed the envelope and proceeded to open it slowly. "These results were prepared by DNA Diagnostics, and they read as follows...."

It didn't take the commercial long to proceed. Jersey sucked her teeth and muted the television. She looked at Malcolm and said, "Hey."

"Hey. You good?"

"I'm actually stressed out," Jersey informed him while pointing at the tv. "This white woman is married to a white man, right? So, they're on the show for a paternity test. He doesn't believe the baby is his."

Malcolm gave her a nonchalant expression. He didn't understand why she was stressed out about the situation.

"Aright..."

"Alright?" Jersey reiterated while adjusting her body on the bed. "Baby, the baby looks biracial."

He raised his eyebrows and said, "Oh shit. She been fucking with a black man?"

"It's a huge possibility," Jersey replied while shaking her head. "Because the baby doesn't look like the dad. He's a ginger, and the baby has brown skin with inky hair."

"She fucked all over that man," Malcolm muttered while putting away his belongings.

"She did..." Jersey agreed as she tried to tune into the show. "See, look at the baby."

Quickly, Malcolm looked at the baby briefly, and the camera eventually showed the parents. When he looked at the parents, his head dropped.

"Look at this shit...." He cursed and frowned.

With raised eyebrows, Jersey pushed out, "I told you."

"I don't like watching shit like this." Malcolm voiced, but Jersey didn't bother to respond. Eventually, he moved toward Jersey and placed a kiss on her lips. When he pulled away, Jersey ran her fingers across his lips.

"Are you okay?" Malcolm asked her. "What's on your mind?"

"I'm fine...well...." Jersey looked around and realized Malcolm was practically lying on top of her. "You're smothering me."

Malcolm looked around, but he eventually placed his eyes on her.

"I'm not smothering you."

Jersey nodded her head and said, "Yes, you are. Malcolm...you weigh a lot, and you're tall."