27.

[I struggled writing my latest chapters. I've been going through a tough situation + I think the wedding scene overwhelmed me. It was definitely a challenge. I hope you guys enjoy my work. It took weeks for me to write and publish this.]

🐢

Everything seemed to be going smoothly. Jersey was excited yet shocked. She was amazed by the soothing aura that surrounded the Long Island Estate. Her guests made themselves at home and stayed out of the way. She was satisfied with her decision to invite only a small amount of people. Jersey didn't have to worry about drama occurring since everyone was unproblematic.

Abshir dropped in a few hours later. He was late checking in, but Jersey didn't care. She was happy to see her dad. He would walk her down the aisle tomorrow, so his presence meant a lot to her.

As soon as he walked through the door, Jersey gave him a big hug, and he didn't waste any time returning the gesture. Abshir hugged his daughter and gave her a huge kiss on the jaw.

Malcolm stood back watching, which was his usual thing. Jersey and Abshir's relationship was healthy, and Malcolm loved seeing that. In fact, it inspired him. He considered inviting his dad and stepmom to his wedding but was hesitant.

His relationship with his dad was strained since Mack failed to be an active father. Mack's negligent behavior caused Malcolm to become bitter and angry towards his father-he wanted nothing to do with him. Malcolm had no plans to build a relationship with Mack until...recently.

He spent an extensive amount of time watching Jersey and how she communicated with Abshir. She didn't seem bitter towards her father and his absence. Malcolm assumed it was because Abshir had no idea of her existence, but he figured Jersey was just trying to give her dad a chance to be there for her. She had little family, and the people she knew treated her horribly.

In Malcolm's opinion, their situation was slightly different. Mack was aware of Malcolm and June. He just failed to be there. He intended to make that decision. Abshir, however, didn't know about Jersey.

Nevertheless, Malcolm was tired of holding a grudge. He felt it was time to wave the white flag and see how his dad would handle their relationship. If Mack failed again, Malcolm would definitely stay away for good and not attempt a reconciliation.

▲▲▲

The wedding rehearsal occurred in the middle of the day. Every participant in the wedding was present to witness the process. The wedding officiant, Reverend Chapman, was present, along with the groom, best man, groomsmen, parents and grandparents, bridesmaids, maid of honor, ring bearer, flower girls, and the bride. Everyone wore regular clothing, and the venue wasn't decorated yet.

The entire rehearsal was filled with fun and laughter. Jeanne and Frida ensured everyone was on point with the order of entrance. They also made the seating arrangements and discussed the responsibilities of the bridesmaids and groomsmen.

The wedding participants walked in, practiced their walk, and positioned themselves. Soft tunes played in the background as everyone walked down the aisle and stood in their designated places. Tyler, Jersey's sister, was on standby with her camera. She was a professional photographer with her own business. The young woman and the rest of her camera crew were positioned and snapping a few pictures. They didn't take many since this was only a rehearsal.

Kain and Moonie walked down the aisle together, and Alesha walked down with Arthur. Next, June walked down the aisle with Richie. Unfortunately, they stopped in the middle of the walkway to argue. June complained about Richie kicking the side of her shoe, and he denied her claim.