30.

[We're back 🐢]

Portofino, Italy 🇮🇹

Flying out to Portofino was the best decision Malcolm and Jersey ever made. The couple had fun exploring the village together. After their first outing, they continued to travel to other locations. There were so many restaurants and other places to experience. Jersey felt slightly overwhelmed because she knew they wouldn't have time to visit the entire coastal town.

It was early in the morning. Jersey sat at the table with the half-eaten breakfast spread. There was freshly baked bread served with butter, jam, and honey. Oranges, honeydew, and red grapes were neatly aligned on a plate. A small bowl of Greek yogurt parfait sat in front of Jersey. It was decorated with nut-free granola, sliced fruits, and honey. Malcolm had the same. However, he added nuts to his. On the side were fluffy eggs and bruschetta with tomatoes and basil.

Jersey sat on the balcony wearing a silk robe that was blue and lovely against her dark skin. Her eyes connected with the harbor. She could feel herself slowly slipping into a trance. The sounds of the waves crashing against the shore created a rhythmic beat that put her at peace. She dropped her shoulders in comfort.

It felt good to be away from home. She loved New York, but there was nothing wrong with wanting to get away. Catching a new scenery was healthy and very soothing. Jersey took in a deep breath. She needed this.

Malcolm walked outside wearing nothing but boxers. A durag covered his head. When he grew closer, he squinted his hazel eyes while examining Jersey. Judging from her solace facial expression, she seemed lost in her thoughts while taking in the view.

"Hey, you good?" Malcolm called out. He took a seat beside her and grabbed his bowl of yogurt parfait.

"Huh?" Jersey glanced at him and immediately replayed what he said in her head. She nodded before saying, "Oh, yeah. I was just...looking at this beautiful water."

Malcolm quickly took a peek at the water before focusing on his food.

"Yeah, it's nice." Instead of eating his food directly, he decided to mix everything. Jersey wrinkled her nose in disgust. She didn't like to combine her yogurt and its toppings. Instead, she just ate directly from it.

Malcolm caught on to her grilling and did a doubletake. He held his spoon in his hand before asking, "What?"

"Why do you mix everything?"

"It's a parfait, Jerse. You're supposed to."

"I don't like mine like that." Jersey shook her head. "I barely like my food to touch."

Malcolm sucked his teeth and replied saying, "That's because your ass is a picky eater."

She snaked her neck while rolling her eyes. "And is."

"You need to get off that shit..." He trailed off before scooping a mouthful of yogurt into his mouth.

Instead of replying to his stern instruction, she decided to change the subject. Jersey clasped her fingers together and took in the view of the water for the millionth time.

"You know something, baby? I really like it out here." She confessed. "I wish I owned a private villa so I can come out here and stay for months."

Malcolm swallowed his food as he eyed his wife for a moment. Jersey always seemed fond of the places she visited. Colorado had to be the only place she didn't want to live-he assumed that since she wasn't vocal about purchasing property there.

"I love the atmosphere..." Jersey continued to talk without paying Malcolm any mind-even though she was talking to him. She used her hands as a way to explain everything. They moved with every word she spoke. "The people are friendly, too, and this place is so romantic."