32 (PART 1)

[Hi! 😊 Enjoy.]

The final is so long. I had to divide it. Make sure to read all 3 parts + epilogue.

▲▲▲

The door opened, alerting the detective. She moved her eyes from the beautiful landscape to pinpoint them on one of her targets. The tall man stood there, swallowing the archway. She was lost for words as she studied him thoroughly.

So, this is Malcolm Sullivan. He's taller and bigger than I expected. Detective Thompson said in her mind as she cleared her throat.

"Can I help you?" Malcolm's voice was filled with sternness. He didn't sound friendly, which wasn't surprising. He'd just returned home from spending two weeks in Italy and Japan. Seeing a police detective soured his mood.

"Hi. You're Malcolm Sullivan?" Detective Thompson questioned him with a subtle expression.

"Why do you need to know?" Malcolm retorted smartly with no hint of guilt.

The detective, however, was flabbergasted by his tone and scowling facial expression. She batted her eyes, trying to gather her following words before digging into the breast of her jacket to pull her badge out for verification. "I'm Detective Thompson. I would like to speak with you and your girlfriend. If that is possible."

Malcolm eyed her from head to toe with piercing eyes before spewing, "My wife has nothing to say..." He followed up by adding, "I don't either. So, I'm going to ask you nicely to leave my property."

Detective Thompson's head cocked to the side in confusion. She stood there in curiosity. It was evident that Malcolm had no intentions to speak with her. His demeanor told her all she needed to know. Malcolm was a rich, egoistic bastard.

"Okay." She pushed out before nodding. "That's fine." The detective reached inside the breast of her jacket again, pulling out a business card. She held her arm out, trying to give Malcolm the card, "Maybe you'll change your mind and want to meet up for coffee to...discuss business."

Malcolm glanced at the white card before placing his eyes on her. There was no way he would ever meet up with Thompson to chat. He grew angry at her intentions. His eyebrows were knitted as he wore a scowl on his handsome face.

"Keep your card. I have no business to discuss with you. Now leave."

Reluctantly, Detective Thompson left. Malcolm watched as she pulled off, leaving his residence. When she was out of sight, he went inside the house and ran into Jersey. She stood there with Harlem in her arms while watching him.

"Was that the detective?"

"Yes." He answered as he locked the doors.

"Well, what does she want?" Jersey questioned him with a hint of nosiness. She wanted to know the tea because she was aware of Detective Thompson asking to speak with her while at Frida's.

Malcolm reached out for his son and held him closely before saying, "Same shit."

"Oh wow," Jersey muttered. She followed her husband from the foyer to the living room area, where she left her new puppy. The poodle sat there looking around.

"We should probably get everything set up for the dog," Malcolm muttered while staring at the animal. "Amber went and grabbed everything from PetSmart. She just didn't get a chance to set his cage up. I guess I'll do that."

Focusing on the new pup was hard. Jersey was still distracted by the police detective and her unexpected visit. She neared her husband while holding a perplexed expression.