8.

▲▲▲

"I'm tired...." Jersey trailed off as she double-clicked the file. The woman sat on her couch with her MacBook Pro. The living room was empty and quiet. It was the only way Jersey could work effectively.

Harlem was in the back with his nanny. Jersey knew he was napping since she consistently checked on him through his monitor. Miranda decided to put him down for a nap, and now she was busy sorting his clothes and washing them.

Jersey smirked lazily to herself. She couldn't believe she was tripping about Malcolm wanting to hire Miranda as Harlem's nanny. She turned out to be the best decision. Harlem loved her, and it didn't take the infant long to warm up to the woman.

Miranda was sweet, quiet, nurturing, and humble. It was nearly impossible to have any dislike for her. She took excellent care of Harlem and minded her business.

The notification sound interrupted Jersey's thoughts. She looked at her screen and realized she had a message from Lesere. Jersey clicked on Slack to read the message. After carefully scanning it, she sent a reply and checked the time on her laptop. It was time to clock out, and she was more than ready.

Jersey exited out of her windows and clocked out. Quickly, she closed the lid to her MacBook Pro and pushed out some air from her mouth. Her eyes closed for a moment and she opened them when she heard footsteps.

She looked over and realized Miranda had walked inside the living room with Harlem's laundry basket.

"You can just sit the basket right there, Miranda. I'll fold and put his clothes up."

Miranda's eyebrows hiked in confusion. "Are you sure?"

"Yes. It's three-thirty. You should be heading home."

A smirk crossed Miranda's face. She nodded lightly and said, "Yes, of course."

Miranda hesitantly left the clothes there and proceeded to grab her items. She liked being at The Sullivan household. Their home was peaceful and soothing to her spirit. Miranda loved taking care of the baby and walking around their beautiful house.

"Before you leave...I want to give you something." Jersey hopped up from the couch and went into her drawer. She pulled out an envelope and neared Miranda. The woman held her hand out and said, "This is for you...it's something extra from Malcolm and me."

Miranda glanced at Jersey and then placed her attention on the envelope. She accepted it and said, "Thank you so much. This is...so thoughtful."

"You're welcome. You take good care of Harlem." Jersey pointed out. "So, you deserve it."

"Aw." Miranda pressed the envelope against her chest and said, "I don't know what else to say. I just...never had this kind of treatment before. Not from the people I worked for."

"Well, get used to it because we believe in showing appreciation to our employees."

Jersey walked Miranda out and ended up grabbing her packages from outside. She dragged the large box inside, tossed the other boxes on the floor, and locked the door behind her. Excitement was all over her because she knew it was her iMac. She'd managed to purchase one for her office.

The woman was in the middle of putting everything together. Jersey's desk and chair were already settled in the room. All she needed was a bookshelf, a couch, a rug, and more decorations to complete the office.

Quickly, Jersey grabbed her scissors and cut open the box. She struggled to pull out the iMac box but managed to get it out. Hesitantly, she stared at the box and realized she had purchased the blue, twenty-four-inch iMac.