17.

Enjoy.

▲▲▲

Jersey leaned against the counter to get a better glimpse of her skin. She tried not to blink her eyes while tugging at her lash extensions. They weren't coming off at all. Her lash tech did a good job applying them. They had length and were wispy, and Jersey loved them.

"My face is healing...." She trailed off while using the pads of her fingers to rub her smooth brown skin. There was no puffiness-the swelling had vanished. However, she still had bruises on her face from colliding with the glass table.

In the mirror, Jersey noticed Malcolm walking inside. He glanced at her but didn't say anything. The man neared the toilet, lifted the seat, and proceeded to pee. She didn't bother to say anything to him. Instead, she walked out of the bathroom and entered their bedroom.

Jersey looked around and noticed how untidy their room was. She sighed in frustration because she regretted not keeping it clean. It was a gigantic bedroom. It could probably fit five people inside. Their bed was huge-the Alaskan King size. It took up half of the room, with the nightstands included. There was a ninety-eight-inch television mounted on the wall. Malcolm wanted the Samsung brand, so he purchased it and had it installed professionally.

The room was beautiful, but it needed to be cleaned. Clothes were planted everywhere. Most were Jersey and Harlem's clothes. They were scattered around the room. Some were on the dresser, while most were casually lying on the ruffled bed and the expensive rug on the floor.

She scratched her head and eventually grabbed the hamper that she kept in the corner of the room. Jersey began to toss the clothes inside. She had plans to clean up before leaving the house. Today, she would be traveling to New Jersey with Frida.

Bernie was planning the final stages of her wedding, and she needed her daughter to help her with some last-minute decisions. Frida accepted and invited Jersey to tag along. Initially, she declined because she didn't want to be around Bernie. However, she changed her mind at the last minute.

Malcolm walked inside the room wearing nothing but his boxers. He strolled over to his side and grabbed his phone. The man wasted no time checking out the notifications he had.

There was still silence between the couple. They didn't bother to speak to each other. It was odd, but this was Jersey and Malcolm. Suddenly, he realized she was up and cleaning the room. He placed his attention on Jersey and narrowed his eyes in suspense.

"What are you doing today?"

Jersey glanced at him while dragging the hamper toward the door. She sighed and said, "I'm going to Jersey with your mom."

He just stood there observing her. A slight frown was carved into his face. Malcolm was a little upset about the news. He didn't know that she would be traveling to New Jersey.

"What's in Jersey?" He questioned her.

"Your grandmother." Jersey quipped smartly while running her hand across her flat stomach. "Frida is going to help out with some last-minute wedding decisions. She wants me to go with her."

"Nah." Malcolm shook his head. "You need to be here, at home."

Jersey moved her long braids away from her face and said, "And why do I have to be at home?"

"Shit." Malcolm cursed. "We haven't sorted out our issues. You don't need to leave the house."

She waved him off and replied, "Even if we try to sort out our issues, you won't listen or believe me. I know what I heard, and I know what happened to me in Florida." Jersey eyed him carefully before pushing out, "That's what I know, and that's what I'm sticking to. I'm not crazy."