14.

|We're back!|

People made a habit of downplaying Jersey's feelings. She tucked her hand underneath her chin while looking off.

"I know he's your son, but...." June trailed off as she tried to find the right words. "He's my nephew, and I wouldn't put him in harm's way."

"But you did." Jersey countered back while sitting up straight. "You know the kind of life your brother lives, and you still decided to put Harlem on the internet with his face exposed. I wouldn't mind if you just showed his body, but his face-his entire face? June...that's wrong."

June didn't reply to Jersey's reasoning because she was thinking about her brother and the life he lived. She knew that Malcolm trafficked drugs, and she'd heard stories about him being a savage-brutally beating people and breaking fingers. There were even times when she had to stay low and be chaperoned around New York by armed security guards. It was rare for Malcolm to get in trouble with anyone. However, he wasn't exempt. He had his run-ins.

"I didn't think it would be a problem." June pushed out stubbornly. She pursed her lips and said, "I guess you want me to delete the video."

"Yes," Jersey replied without hesitation. Deleting the video would make her feel at ease. "Please."

June rolled her eyes, but she didn't say anything. The young woman leaned against the counter and unlocked her iPhone. She was upset about having to delete the video. She had accumulated one million views on the post, and the likes went over three hundred thousand.

"I'm not trying to be mean, June." Jersey pushed out while studying her facial expressions and body movements. "I'm just being a mom...I'm protecting Harlem. I don't want him exposed to the world."

"But you post him." June quipped. "All the time."

"I only show the back of his head and his body. Not his face." Jersey countered back. She rolled her eyes toward the ceiling and said, "There really shouldn't be any debate about this, June. Harlem is my kid. I pushed him out."

Those words seemed to burn June up. She parted her lips to say something, but Malcolm walked inside, instantly cooling off what was about to be a potential brawl. He held Harlem in his arms as he neared Jersey.

"Look who's up," Malcolm announced before glancing at his son. Harlem held on to his dad as he looked around the room with his large, grey eyes. He held a stern look that showed signs of him just waking up. His curly hair was disoriented and in need of some primping.

"Hi, baby." Jersey rejoiced while placing her attention on her son. The negative aura that surrounded her quickly vanished. She reached out and tugged at her son's onesie. He only stared at his mama instead of smiling.

"He's going to be a little grumpy. You know how it is when you wake up." Frida announced as she walked inside the kitchen. Immediately, she made her way to the refrigerator and retrieved a cup of blueberry yogurt.

"Where are your socks?" Jersey questioned her son as if he could answer her. She grabbed his chubby foot and gently rubbed it. Harlem was too busy yawning to care about her rubbing his foot.

"It got hot in here. He sweats when he's hot." Frida answered for her grandson. "So, I took everything off him."

"Oh..." Jersey trailed off. Malcolm leaned over and handed the baby off. She accepted him with open arms.

As expected, she welcomed her baby with multiple kisses. Harlem allowed his mama to kiss him without getting aggravated. He even decided to give her a dimpled smile. It was small and he didn't do it very long. Like Malcolm, he carried an unfriendly look.