26.

[Enjoy! 🔔]

Malcolm tried to steer clear of trouble. Unfortunately, trouble loved to follow him. He was quiet, and he bothered no one. All Malcolm wanted to do was run his businesses and take care of his family. For some reason, he always ended up in the craziest situations.

His meeting with Marcus went well, but Malcolm found out a lot of information. Marcus Washington ran a successful pharmaceutical company, and he was worth billions of dollars.

Malcolm discovered that Marcus worked with Carl Mahone. Marcus' pharmaceutical company and Carl's cargo business meshed well. They became business partners 10 years ago. The men proposed a pharmaceutical delivery company that allowed pharmacy couriers to deliver medical products to hospitals and medical centers.

The business accumulated a lot of income. Hospitals and other medical businesses used the company since they were affordable and efficient. Unfortunately, the passing of Carl Mahone hit Marcus hard. He'd grown close to the man, and his presence would be missed dearly.

Carl Mahone's wife, Tessa, replaced him as part owner of the company. Marcus was satisfied with that since he knew she was a businesswoman and would make the right decisions. However, he had questions about Carl's death. He had a stroke and ended up in the hospital. His wife claimed he was fine-Marcus believed her. Hours later, Carl passed away. It was sketchy since he was up talking and eating the food the hospital staff served him and later died. Marcus had a plan to do some investigation.

Malcolm sat inside Marcus' office for almost two hours. The men were busy discussing vital information. Their meeting ran over the initially scheduled time, and Marcus' assistant reminded him of his other meetings. Instead of ending his gathering with Malcolm, he pushed all his scheduled meetings back for the day.

"I know Anthony had something to do with Carl's death."

Malcolm furrowed his brows while sitting there in deep thought. He didn't speak for a while, and that caused Marcus to continue speaking.

"He blamed Carl for the downfall of Seema." Marcus continued. "He had him killed."

"What does Seema have to do with Anthony?" Malcolm questioned him.

"Mm..." Marcus scoffed. "I think they dated in the past...or something like that. They're still connected in life. He's involved in all her businesses, too."

Malcolm shook his head and said, "I shouldn't be surprised."

"I don't blame you for Carl's death," Marcus stated, pointing at the man. "It's not your fault."

"Wait. Why would it be my fault?" Malcolm grew offended by Marcus' choice of words. He had no involvement in the death of Carl Mahone.

Marcus leaned against his wooden desk and eyed Malcolm before saying, "You don't know?"

Malcolm just shook his head in confusion. He didn't understand what Marcus was trying to say.

"Malcolm..." Marcus trailed off. "I sent that USB drive to you."

The news did shock Malcolm. He sat there with a curious expression as he surveyed Marcus. He knew the man was telling the truth. No one knew about the USB drive. He didn't speak about it, and Jersey definitely kept her mouth shut. Malcolm shifted in his seat while fidgeting with his fingers. There was no fear in him. He was only stunned by the USB reveal.

"I had no intentions of being weird about it. I just needed your help, and I didn't want to reveal myself at the time." Marcus continued while Malcolm sat there quietly. "I figured you would do the right thing, and you did...you put Seema where she belongs-in jail."