32 (PART 2)

Part 2

▲▲▲

"I hope your relationship with Tyler is healthy. I don't want it to lead to something toxic-like your relationship with Chassidy and...Kennedy."

"Your sister is cool...I really like her." Amber voiced. "I plan to treat her right. Like you said, I owned up to my behavior." She spread her hands and added, "I no longer act like that. If the relationship is over-I leave. I don't think much about it. You already know how my relationship with Kennedy went-she kept putting her hands on me, stalking me, and she wouldn't leave my apartment after I broke up with her. I had to move."

"Umm...do you consider Kennedy to be your...karma for the way you treated Chassidy?" Jersey couldn't help but to interrogate her.

Amber didn't say anything because she was stunned by Jersey's question. She never thought about it, and the inquiry did open her mind. She ran her hand over her face and glanced at Jersey with widened eyes.

"You know what? You're right." She nodded in realization. "That bitch was definitely my karma."

"I'm not trying to be funny or anything like that..." Jersey cocked her head. "It's just that...your situation with Chassidy sounds similar to what you were going through with Kennedy."

"Nah, you good." Amber waved her off. "I got what I deserved. I'm just glad it's over. The relationship I have with Tyler is...different. She's beautiful, she loves that camera, and she loves to make her money. We're alike in so many ways." Amber looked up with a sudden glow. She seemed authentic with her reaction as she spoke about Tyler "She's a photographer, and I like to draw-it's fate at this point."

"All I'm going to say is that...I hope you two stay happy. It's going to be awkward trying to invite y'all to my events if you two breakup."

"We're good..." Amber trailed off. "So, what are you doing for your birthday again?"

Jersey touched her forehead before glancing at her son and his curious hands. He was busy playing with his plushy toy. "Malcolm is taking me to see Beyoncé and-"

"Beyoncé?!" Amber blurted out, startling Harlem. The baby eyed her with suspicion as he stood there. "You're going to see Bey?"

"Yes, she's in New York," Jersey answered honestly. "I don't know how Malcolm did it, but my man got us front-row seats."

"I'm stuck here babysitting." Amber held a look of disappointment. She wanted to see Beyoncé perform, too. "Yo, where is Miranda?"

"She had to take off because of her mom. Don't be like that." Jersey cackled lightly. "This is my first concert. Let me enjoy this. My man offered, and I immediately said yes."

"I mean...it's all good." Amber shrugged. "It's just that her tickets are hard to get. Most of the seats in Madison Square Garden were filled."

"I'll be there in my silver. I'm not doing too much, but I'll do enough." Jersey pursed her lips while rolling her eyes toward the ceiling.

Amber sat there watching Jersey and her facial expressions. She was happy to see her so confident and living life. She plastered a smirk on her face and nodded in satisfaction. There was no malice in her heart-Amber loved Jersey and her soothing personality. She didn't have the loudest personality, but her character was pleasing and enjoyable to witness.

"Get yourself together then." Amber trailed off while focusing on Harlem, who decided to walk toward his mom. She watched as Jersey picked her son up and gave him several kisses on his chubby cheeks.