32 (PART 3)

Part 3

▲▲▲

Life seemed normal, but Jersey knew it wasn't. This was just a temporary cycle. Anthony was still out there scheming, and that made her uncomfortable. She stayed looking over her shoulders and locking the doors whenever her paranoia grew. The woman also kept her pistol in her purse at all times.

Malcolm ensured her that she was safe and had nothing to worry about. However, he wanted her to stay far away from Preach.

The conversation with him didn't go well. Jersey was a little disappointed because she was expecting a different result. After Malcolm revealed the truth, Preach remained in the river of denial. He didn't believe him, so Malcolm resorted to pulling out his original birth certificate.

Preach scanned the document and immediately left the premises. It was clear that the reveal had cut him deeply. Malcolm tried to talk some sense into him, but he kept pulling away.

Malcolm wasn't shocked by Preach's behavior and urge to leave. He knew that his brother-in-law would have a hard time believing him. His whole life, he assumed Larry was his birth father. He was the only person he knew as his dad. Furthermore, Preach did not want to side with Malcolm and Jersey because he loved the lifestyle Anthony provided him.

They gave Preach room to breathe instead of trying to force him to do anything. Nevertheless, his refusal to comply didn't worry Malcolm. He had a plan and would carry it out-with or without Preach.

▲▲▲

Despite the chaos that engulfed their lives, Malcolm and Jersey still made time for each other. Jersey didn't have many errands to run outside their home. Her responsibilities were to keep the house up and running, tend to their son, and focus on her academics. Malcolm, on the other hand, was always in demand. His schedule was hectic due to business meetings involving him reviewing the company's financial reports, marketing strategies, and contracts. In the midst of this, Malcolm inspected his establishments to ensure everything complied with relevant regulations and standards.

Malcolm made sure to pick specific days he would take off and be with his wife. He didn't want to put his work before his marriage. They would come together and schedule the days he would stay home-it worked for Jersey because she felt involved in the decision-making. She notified her husband in advance whenever she had a doctor's appointment, and he would free his schedule just to attend it with her.

Malcolm rose at the break of the day. When he checked his time, he realized it was six in the morning. Immediately, Malcolm calculated his move for today. He didn't have any business meetings to attend. However, he planned to make some moves with Ryder.

His eyes scanned the dark room that was quiet and a bit chilly. The colossal television sat in silence with a darkened screen since Malcolm didn't like sleeping with it on. He looked over to his left and realized his wife was fast asleep.

Their bed was expansive, so there was some distance between them. She was snuggled against her pillow while sleeping on her side. A tall fan blew cold air in her direction while silently swishing and swaying.

Malcolm felt the need to be under her, so he inched over and wrapped his arms around her toasty body. Immediately, her fumes danced around his nostrils. He peppered kisses across her neck and eventually rerouted towards her ear. Jersey stirred in her sleep, awakening from her husband's touches and kisses.

"Mm..." Jersey groaned when she felt his hand running against her hips. She grabbed it and brought it up to her lips, kissing it.

⚠️⚠️⚠️