10.

Filler

▲▲▲

Pow! Pow! Pow! Pow!

Slowly, she opened her fluttering eyes to check the time on her digital alarm clock. It sat on the glass nightstand that was neat yet occupied by the bottled water and one of her Harlem's empty glass bottles.

"Really?"

Malcolm glanced at her and said, "What's up?"

"Why do you have to play the game so loud?" She called out while placing her attention on Harlem. He was stirring in his sleep, possibly waking up. Jersey wanted him to sleep a little longer, but Malcolm had the television up.

"My bad," Malcolm whispered as he turned his attention to the video game. He sat on the couch positioned above the foot of the bed.

She huffed as soon as Harlem's head popped up. The tot looked around in curiosity as he yawned. As expected, he blinked a few times and placed his grey eyes on Jersey. The baby reached out and put his hand on her chest.

Jersey figured he was probably hungry. She was lazy and didn't feel like warming up a bottle, so she gave him the milk straight from the source. Harlem latched with no issue. She found herself dozing off until she heard Malcolm's voice.

"I thought you wanted him to drink from his bottle only. He's not going to do it if you keep putting him on your breast."

"...He'll be fine," Jersey mumbled sleepily with her eyes closed. "I don't feel like getting his bottle from the kitchen."

"I could've warmed it up," Malcolm replied as he watched his fiancée. She was exhausted. He didn't understand why since she stayed at home all day. He knew she worked from home, but Malcolm didn't consider remote work challenging. His opinion.

[Remote work is very much challenging.]

"Alright then..." Malcolm adjusted the headphones on his head and resumed playing the game. He was in the middle of playing Grand Theft Auto Online. As expected, he teamed up with Ryder and his cousin, Scooter. They were doing some missions together.

He spent forty more minutes playing and ended his session. By that time, Jersey was up trying to get breakfast started. She was in the kitchen flipping pancakes while carrying on a conversation.

Malcolm walked inside and realized she was on the phone talking. Her AirPods rested in her ears as she poured the batter on the griddle.

"Where are you taking him? Oh yeah, that's a nice place. I heard the food is good, too." Jersey only glanced at Malcolm, who kept his eyes trained on her. He walked over and wrapped his arms around her waist. Instantly, he kissed her on the ear, then worked his way down to her neck.

She continued her conversation on the phone while waiting for the pancakes to cook.

"Yeah, I'm going to do it. I just need to eat first." She tapped the screen of her phone and said, "See you soon."

The phone call ended.

"Amber wants to pick up Harlem," Jersey announced. "You cool with that?"

Malcolm was more than cool with that. He trusted Amber and knew his son would be in good hands. Also, he wanted to spend some time alone with Jersey. This was the perfect opportunity.

"Yeah. He'll be straight with her." Malcolm replied as he smothered her with his warm embrace. He spoke into her ear; his voice was deep yet clear. It caused her to melt into his body. "Maybe we can do something."