3.

[I hope you guys enjoy this short chapter.]

▲▲▲

Louisiana was a foreign state to Jersey. She had never been down south before and was nervous about that. Traveling to new places was exciting, but Jersey was different. Her anxiety always got the best of her. Malcolm assured her that she would be just fine. Louisiana was a hot state filled with so many fun activities.

Hesitantly, she took his word and started to pack. Jersey had a few leftover outfits from Turks & Caicos. She would have the opportunity to wear them while in New Orleans.

The couple would take off for New Orleans soon. Now, Jersey wanted to focus on her son. Harlem had recently turned six months old. It was a bittersweet moment for her. Malcolm, however, was proud. His son was growing and accomplishing milestones.

"You're six months, pumpkin," Jersey whispered to her son as she cradled him. Harlem was nestled against her chest. The infant was trying to crawl all over his mom. "My sweet baby."

Harlem was indeed sweet, and she was thankful for him.

"Harley," Jersey called out, and that grabbed his attention. She didn't call him that, but Frida called him Harley. As expected, the baby raised his head to look at his mama. Jersey puckered her lips and gave him a big smooch on his chubby jaw.

"I love you." She confessed to the tot. "So, so, so much."

A few more kisses were planted across his face, and that caused him to break into a hearty cackle. The kisses tickled Harlem.

Malcolm was still in bed. He decided to stay home for the day. The family had a few tasks to handle. He heard his son's loud vocals and raised his head to see what was happening. When he realized that Jersey was playing with Harlem, he laid his head back on the feather-filled pillow.

"Look, daddy's up." Jersey readjusted her son and gave him a view of his daddy. Harlem glanced at his dad and decided to reach out for him. He pressed his chubby hands against Malcolm's face. "Say, good morning, dada."

It took Malcolm a few seconds to wake up fully. When he did, he reached out and grabbed his son. Harlem seemed happy about that. Malcolm plastered a few kisses on his face and held him.

Malcolm glanced at Jersey and realized she was watching him.

"Good morning."

A smirk carved across her face as she leaned over to kiss him. With her lips pressed against his, she said, "Good morning."

The woman raised and adjusted the blankets. She watched as her fiancé interacted with their son. Harlem placed his fingers in his mouth as he smiled at his dad. Those deep dimples and grey eyes made Jersey's heart flutter.

"What are we doing today?"

"We have to go and see the inspector," Jersey replied softly. "He wants to check the brownstone out...for any issues. Like mold, rotted wood, and more hazardous materials."

"...Alright."

"Then...." She trailed off, "We have to go and see the attorney...about the house in Saratoga Springs."

Malcolm nodded his head again.

"And...we have to head out to Manhattan. Tyler is out there doing photo gigs. Harlem is scheduled to take his pictures today."

"I guess we'll be busy today."

"Very." She pushed out while running her hand across her face. "I was hoping we could go out to eat."