24.

[love you guys so much. 🩵]

▲▲▲

The commotion didn't sound right. Jersey replayed the noise in her head numerous times as she sat on the couch. It didn't sound like laughs and giggles. Instead, it was an angry uproar that bothered her.

June and Amber tried to talk to her, but she wasn't listening. Instead of responding, she decided to check Malcolm's location. Malcolm and Jersey shared their locations. It was imperative they did so, especially when out in public. In the beginning, she assumed something happened over Dock's house. Jersey was aware he was visiting his cousin today. However, she went to the app and discovered Malcolm was in Manhattan. Judging from the location, he was at his bar.

"He's at his bar." She muttered while glancing at the women. "In Manhattan."

"Call him first," June suggested. "Or I will."

Jersey sucked her teeth while lifting from the couch. There was no time to waste. She had to prepare herself quickly. She wasted no time nearing the dresser and retrieving her pistol. Immediately, she checked her weapon out, ensuring it wasn't loaded and no bullets were in the chamber.

June didn't bother to follow her. She decided to sit on the couch and call her brother. His phone went to the voicemail twice.

Strange.

"Yo, Hersh..." Amber trailed off while eyeing her. She stood by the woman with Harlem in her arms. He didn't understand what was happening since he was little. The tot was busy playing with one of Amber's locs.

Jersey glanced at her, but she didn't bother to speak.

"Okay, so he's not answering his phone," June announced while making her way over. She swiped her long hair away from her face while eyeing Jersey. "Maybe something is wrong."

"And that's why I'm going to Manhattan," Jersey muttered.

"Hold on, now," Amber smirked. "Hersh, I don't want you to get hurt."

"I'm not going to get hurt," Jersey replied softly while inspecting her pistol. "Let's just load up the truck and go to Manhattan."

"What are you about to do?" June questioned her as she eyed her piece of iron. "Where did you get that gun from?"

"Malcolm bought it for me." She rasped while grabbing her loaded magazine. "A Mother's Day gift." She didn't bother to answer the first question since it was pointless to name the list of things she would do. All June had to do was just wait and see.

The women were a little hesitant, but they decided to follow Jersey's rules. June grabbed her things while Amber did the same with Harlem glued to her hip.

When Jersey reached for the handle on her Maybach, she noticed a pale hand on her door. She looked over and realized it was her bodyguard, Nick. He shook his head while eyeing her.

"What are you doing, Jersey?"

"Nick, I'm going to ask you to move," Jersey stated sternly. "I have to go to Manhattan."

Nick shook his head again and said, "I can't let you do that. You know how Malcolm is. He doesn't want you going off by yourself."

Jersey cocked her head and asked, "Have you checked on Malcolm since he's been out?"

"No, I have not," Nick answered respectfully.

"Well, he called me-I'm assuming by accident. There was a lot of noise in the background. It didn't sound pleasant. I'm going to Manhattan to check on him because he's not answering his phone. So, whether you agree with my decision or not, I'm going to get in my truck, and I'm going to ride out there to check on my man."