28.

[Part 2 🐢]

"I also came down to speak with June," Jersey announced while glancing at the young woman. "I just need a few minutes of your time."

June looked up with a curious glance on her face. She surveyed Jersey before saying, "Um...Okay. What do you want to talk about?"

Instead of answering her question. Jersey began to walk off and say, "Let's go into the living room."

June followed her instructions and left the kitchen. When she made it to the living room, she took a seat beside Jersey. With wondering eyes, she leaned over in suspense.

"What's the matter? Are you pregnant?"

"Girl, no," Jersey answered without hesitation. She knew she wasn't pregnant since she'd recently gotten off birth control. Jersey hadn't had sex with Malcolm in weeks. If she was pregnant, she had no reason to talk with June in private. "That's not why I want to speak with you."

June pushed toward the edge of the couch and asked, "Then what is it?"

Jersey rubbed her thick lips together before speaking. She sighed and said, "When we had the wedding rehearsal earlier...you kind of showed your ass."

June sat there flabbergasted. "I...showed...my ass?"

Jersey tilted her head from left to right and said, "Kind of."

"What? When?"

June was honestly confused by Jersey's statement. She looked toward the ceiling, trying to figure out how she showed her ass.

"June...you were being dramatic about the whole walk situation. You don't remember arguing with Richie?"

"Oh." A disgusted facial expression etched June's face as she checked her phone. "Richie kicked my foot on purpose. I stopped because of him. I don't want him walking me down the aisle if he's going to mess up my walk."

Jersey didn't speak for a while because she was too busy taking in the sight of June. Not only was she selfish, but the girl was also very delusional. June acted as if it was her wedding.

"You do realize that...my wedding is tomorrow and not yours, right?" Jersey questioned her with serious concern.

June shot Jersey a look and immediately recovered. "I know that. I just didn't want to mess up my walk."

"Alright..." Jersey murmured. "I just wanted to make sure we're on the same page."

June rolled her eyes. She didn't think Jersey caught her, but she did.

"Why would I make your wedding all about me?"

"We went out to eat tonight at Velvet, and um...you showed your ass there too."

"Why are you trying to confront me about some shit that happened hours ago?" June snaked her neck while moving her right hand around with every word she spoke. With her eyes narrowed, she added, "Like, what's up with the animosity?"

"There's no animosity...from me." Jersey trailed off calmly. She could beat June up right now if she wanted. That was a huge advantage. However, Jersey decided not to do it. Her goal was to keep things cool before walking down the aisle.

"Then what is it?"

"You're acting delusional..." Jersey added with a slight cackle. She touched the side of her face while continuing with her reasons. "You were upset that Amber received a getaway trip to Saint Lucia."

"Because I want to go there." June expressed with honesty as she touched her chest.

"This is what I'm talking about." Jersey pointed out. "You do that thing-that selfish thing, and I hate it. Amber is my maid of honor-of course, she was going to get something different than my bridesmaids."