16.

We're back.

A lot of chaos was happening, and Malcolm wasn't sure how to handle it. His nerves were all over the place, and he couldn't focus properly. The man knew something was wrong with the aura. Everything was starting to feel off. Unexpectedly, Jersey called him, but she wasn't responding to him.

That was weird.

Jersey had to be rushed to the hospital due to having an anaphylaxis reaction. The situation was dire, so Malcolm had to think fast. So much was going on, and that caused his brain to scramble. When he entered the home, he noticed the hotel suite was quiet. Jersey was found inside the living room. His heart skipped a beat when he realized she had crashed into the coffee table. Glass was everywhere, and he was afraid to touch her because he didn't know what to expect at the time.

Initially, Malcolm assumed his fiancée was attacked, so he tried to move swiftly. He went for Jersey because she was in a horrible situation that looked fatal. He realized something was wrong when he grabbed her and looked at her appearance.

Her brown complexion looked darker than usual, and her face was swollen. He looked at her neck and realized that it was swollen as well.

Allergic reaction.

He knew she was having an allergic reaction due to the puffiness on her face and neck. Malcolm looked around for the evidence and noticed the bakery's bag on the couch. He checked her pulse and realized it was weak, which meant she was still alive but barely thriving.

God saved her life.

Malcolm was able to get to Jersey in time. She almost didn't make it. He was the one who reminded her to pack her EpiPen. He retrieved the pen from her luggage and injected the needle into her thigh, saving her life temporarily.

However, she had other complications. When Jersey collided with the glass table, she ended up with a busted lip and a black eye. Malcolm wasn't sure how the black eye happened, but she did have it. He assumed it was from the collision. Nevertheless, he was just happy to see her alive.

Jersey had to stay at the hospital for the remainder of the day. The doctors wanted to observe her and ensure the symptoms were gone. Her concussion wasn't severe, and Malcolm was glad to hear that the doctors didn't find anything in her CT scan. He was surprised because her head went through the glass table.

The next day, she was released early that morning.

"I haven't seen my baby." Jersey pushed out faintly as she climbed into the rented truck. Malcolm helped her get inside. He leaned inside the vehicle and eyed her for a moment. She looked weak, and he could tell she still wasn't feeling good.

"Amber has him. She's back at the hotel. You'll see him then."

She only nodded her head and sat back in the seat. Jersey adjusted the oversized sunglasses that Malcolm managed to retrieve from her suitcase. He figured she would need them.

They got on the road and rode in silence. He hadn't talked to Jersey much since she'd been in the hospital. The woman spent a lot of time sleeping, and he assumed it was from the concussion she had. He made sure to keep a close eye on her.

"Are you hungry?"

"Kind of..." She replied lightly.

"What do you want to eat?"

"I'm not sure if I can trust any restaurant." She replied while looking around.

Malcolm glanced at her and placed his attention on the road. He didn't understand what she was talking about. He didn't get a chance to ask her how the allergic reaction happened."