7.

Celeste wore a sorrowful expression on her face as she placed her full attention on Malcolm. Suddenly, she felt the need to check her surroundings for the millionth time.

The woman's nerves had her anxiety on ten, and she wasn't sure if she could calm herself down.

"Hey, are you okay?" Malcolm questioned her as he continued to stand there. His brows were furrowed. Celeste assumed he was about to spew out some angry words. She knew about him. Preach mentioned Malcolm to her a few times. He claimed Malcolm was a malicious businessman who was dating his sister.

"I'm uh. Celeste." She repeated out of nervousness. Celeste closed her eyes for a few seconds and added, "Preach told me about you and Jersey. He told me about...Givin' Back. I'm here because I need help."

Malcolm neared her and leaned over. He asked, "What's going on?"

Celeste looked around again before speaking. Paranoia rushed through her body as she crossed her arms and shivered.

"Preach. He's in trouble."

Malcolm stood up straight and eyed her for a moment. Jersey was right. Her brother was in trouble. Malcolm wanted to know more about the situation. However, they would need privacy. Slowly, he nodded his head and said, "Follow me."

Celeste wasted no time following behind him. She kept up with Malcolm and his steps. He walked with confidence, like a bold businessman. He was taller than her, almost swallowing the girl who only stood 5'2".

A few people stopped Malcolm, but he kept it pushing. They left the room and traveled down the hallway. After passing a few doors, he stopped and opened the fourth door on the right.

The man allowed Celeste to step in first. When she did, she looked around the room and instantly felt relieved. It was a small conference room for meetings.

"Take a seat." Malcolm instructed her.

Slowly, Celeste neared the glass table and sat in the rolling chair. The young woman clasped her hands together and continued to allow her brain to run.

Quickly, Malcom phoned Arthur and instructed him to bring Jersey to the room. After giving him instructions, he ended the call and closed the door.

"I had to make a quick phone call. Jersey is on her way."

"She's coming? Good, because I think she will want to hear this."

Malcolm eyed her without speaking. He wanted to know what the fuck was up with Preach. The man assumed Preach wasn't dead since Celeste wasn't crying and carrying on. However, she carried dejected emotions, but they were subtle.

▲▲▲

Arthur escorted Jersey to the conference room. On their way there, she had a lot of questions. However, she didn't want to ask Arthur. Malcolm's answers were suitable for her. Jersey didn't understand what was going on. She felt confused and lost until Arthur knocked on the door and opened it.

Jersey eased inside the room in curiosity. She looked at Malcolm and eventually put her eyes on the Caucasian woman who sat at the table. In her opinion, she was gorgeous yet unfamiliar. Jersey didn't know her, and she was trying to figure out what was happening.

"What's going on?" She questioned Malcolm, looking from him to the woman.

Her heart drummed from the anxiety that clouded her brain. She was hoping this situation didn't involve a paternity case. Jersey didn't have the strength to deal with the drama.

"This is Celeste." Malcolm directed his attention toward the young girl.

"I'm Preach's girlfriend," Celeste spoke up.