Chapter 35: Mirrors (Diggy)

Viana's mom told me Viana needed to talk to me which was shocking seeing as how I haven't talked to her in months. Just two seconds ago she dropped a bomb on me. A baby bomb. I have a daughter.

I stepped to her. "You wanna repeat that?"

Tears fell from her eyes. "I was gonna tell you."

"When? While you were pregnant or after she turned 18?" I scoffed.

"Diggy it took strength to even keep her." She sobbed.

Guilt took over my whole body. Viana was gonna get rid of the baby she's wanted more than anything because of what I did. I felt like I was being punched in the stomach. I'm surprised I didn't allow myself to cry. All I could do was hug her.

She squeezed me. "I'm sorry."

"Me too." I kissed her forehead.

Ivery cried.

Viana let me go and walked over to the carrier. She picked the baby up and I swear she was a little baby doll. She stopped crying once Viana started rocking her.

Viana looked at me. "You wanna hold her?"

I nodded and walked over to her.

She handed her to me. "Watch her head."

I smiled at the baby. "What's her name?"

"Ivery Daniella Janae Simmons." She smiled.

"She's beautiful." I played with her fingers.

I felt like I was looking at my reflection looking at Ivery. She was the most precious little thing ever. I started to think about everything that I've done. I'd never want my daughter with a man like me. That's the sad part.

"I'm telling you now you're not gonna be with any of these niggas because none of these nigga deserve you, none of these niggas are good enough for you...not even daddy." I stroked her hand.

I seen Viana wipe her tear from the side of my eye. I could tell this is what she wanted all along and I had to go and fuck it up.

My phone rang.

I looked at it and seen London was calling me again. I silenced the phone. Nothing else but Ivery mattered in this moment. My daughter comes first in everything I do now.

A few hours later I woke up to Ivery drooling on my chest and Viana sleeping on my arm. We had fell asleep in Viana's room. I heard people talking downstairs and I wanted to be nosey. I slid my arm from under Viana and carried Ivery with me downstairs.

My moms voice began to get clearer. "She's so smart."

"She's still playing basketball?" I heard my dad ask.

"Full scholarship, she's still playing." Viana's mom said proudly. "London you hungry baby?"

My eyes got wide. London is here.

Ivery cried.

All heads turned to me trying to creep back upstairs.

"Aw Dig bring her here." My mom stopped me in my tracks.

I turned around and took a crying Ivery over to my mom. I felt London's eyes on me the whole time. Anybody wanna save me?

"When did you guys get here?" Viana said rubbing her eyes.

"She gets up fast when she hears her baby cry." Angela chuckled.

"Of course. I figured Diggy had no idea what he was doing." She chuckled.

"Don't make me trip you." I smiled.

She held her mouth open. "I didn't miss these threats at all."

Everybody laughed except London.

"Hi, I'm Viana." She went and hugged London. I think Viana noticed how unamused London was. "Sorry I'm a hugger." Viana smiled.

My mom stroked Viana's hair. Viana's always been my moms favorite girlfriend that I've had. The fact that Viana was so welcoming to my fiancé made me realize that she was one special kind of girl. Later that night me and London went back to my apartment and I could tell she wasn't happy at all.

"You have a daughter Diggy, a daughter you didn't even think to tell me about." London folded her arms.

"Okay first I didn't know about the baby until today and two don't question me." I pointed.

"I seen you guys laying in her bed, we all did. You want her admit it!" She yelled.

"THIS IS ABOUT MY DAUGHTER!" I yelled back.

"What about me?" She shook her head. "Did you forget we were getting married? Or is your daughter more important than us?"

I nodded. "Yeah she is."

Her jaw dropped. "You make it sound like you don't want to marry me anymore."

"I didn't say that but it's not a main priority at the moment Vi-" I scrunched my face knowing in that very moment I had fucked up.

"Were you seriously about to call me her name?" She rose her eyebrow.

"No, I just have a lot on my mind babe." I sighed.

She walked off and closed the bedroom door.

The next day I took a bunch of baby stuff to Viana's house.

"Diggy this isn't necessary, she's taken care of." Viana shook her head going through all the stuff.

"But this is what daddies are for." I smiled at Ivery while rocking her.

My phone vibrated.

I took my phone out and read a text from Roger.

"London not Lauren is up here at our burger joint with some new nigga, somebody come get 'er 😮😈"

I looked at Viana who was folding the baby clothes and putting them in the drawers.

"Hey V." I adjusted Ivery on my shoulder.

"Yeah?" She looked at me.

"I need a favor." I licked my lips.

She closed the drawer and turned her whole body towards me. "Sure, what's up?"

"Come with me somewhere, I need a witness."

I could tell she was confused by the frown on her face. London really thought she could play me. I might as well just try to make things right with Viana and I and forget about London...not before I get in that ass though.