Chapter Five: The Future (Viana)

I have never been so mad in my entire life. Yesterday I found out Jessica was the reason I was kicked off the basketball team and the season just started.

Last night I had some recruiters from UCLA who've been hearing about me there to watch me play. What if my coach told them why I wasn't there? Jessica is now messing with my future and that's not okay. I don't know what she thought messing with my livelihood was going to do but it's about to backfire. I'm gonna make her life a living hell.

I walked downstairs to see my mom and Diggy talking. What could they possibly be talking about this early in the morning?

"Can you give me a ride to Saturday school? Jessica put a dent in my car and I'm getting it fixed." He said that like he didn't already know my answer.

"Sure, I'll drop you off." I wasn't up for going to school today. I had other business to handle.

"Why aren't you going to school? We said we'd do Saturday school together for extra credits." He looked at me like he was disappointed.

I bet he thought I was running away from the situation at hand but I wasn't. I was just dealing with it my own way.

"Dentist appointment." I didn't lie. I do have a dentist appointment this morning, but I have other things to tend to throughout the day.

"Your teeth are perfect, come to school." He complimented me just to change my mind. I liked it, but it didn't work. I have business to handle.

As we drove away from my house an awkward silence was surrounding us for the first time. Then he broke it.

"You're not really jealous of my relationship with Jessica are you?" He hesitated asking me that question.

I cleared my throat to make sure all the cracks in my voice stayed away.

"No." I kept it short and simple.

I knew that if I went on about how much I could care less about their relationship jealousy would rise in my voice. My answer looked like it relieved him. That hurt me a little bit. The rest of the ride I was completely silent.

"I'll see you at my party tonight." He got out of the car without saying goodbye. Was he mad at me?

After my dentist appointment I had to meet up with an old friend. I walked in and immediately I was lifted off my feet. It was my friend Romeo. I hadn't seen him in over a year. He graduated last year and I missed having him around.

We sat across from each other at Applebee's just soaking in each other's features.

"You look amazing." He complimented me with that distinct accent that I loved.

"Thank you, how've you been?" By the looks of it he was doing very well.

"I'm doing good, I heard you got kicked off the team." He looked at me like I was a fatherless child.

How the hell did he know I was kicked off the team? He didn't even go to that school anymore.

"Jessica told me." I guess he seen the curiosity in my eyes because he answered the question I had yet to ask.

Heat raced from my head to my feet. He noticed.

"I know you don't like her, but V you have to get over it. She's my girlfriend and I want you guys to be cool because I love you both."

Hold on, did he just say girlfriend?

"How long have y'all been together?" Now I'm being nosey.

I knew they had slept together but I had no idea they were dating.

"Two years." He seen my face go from shocked to really shocked.

"Come back to school with me today to visit." I insisted.

Jessica has Saturday school too but I think she only signed up to keep tabs on Diggy.

"Sounds good to me." He has no idea what he's about to walk into.

At that very moment I felt a joker-like smile form on my face. This is going to be interesting.