Chapter Eighteen: Transitions (Viana)

Tonight has to be one of the worst nights I've ever had. Diggy walked out on me and my mom is not home so I have no shoulder to cry on.

I would call her but I know she's enjoying herself with Mama J and I don't want to interrupt that. I would call Tamara over but her parents won't let her out on school nights and all of my senior friends are either working or trying to study.

I watched some reruns of Martin and started to nod off but then the doorbell rang. I know it's not mom because she won't be home until the morning and Tamara doesn't have a car so it can't be her. I got up and dragged myself to the door.

I looked through the peephole and once again my best friend was standing at my doorstep. I could tell by the look on his face he was trying to put together what to say in his head. So I decided to make things a little harder on him.

"Who is it?" I smiled and leaned against the door.

"It's Dig, V can we talk?" I heard his voice crack for the first time.

"Sure. Talk." I laughed at myself.

I know, I'm cruel.

"Can I come in please?" He was pleading, how cute. I opened the door.

When he looked in my eyes I could tell he had been stressing out.

"I'm sorry." I could tell it was a sincere apology but I had some things to get off my chest.

I closed the door and started stating my case.

"How long have we been best friends Dig? You should know me better than that. I would never say anything bad about you. I've wanted you since second grade, but you've been so stuck up Jessica's ass you haven't noticed. I cannot believe you. You hurt me and I'm just so..."

He kissed me.

That kiss shut me up. In between kisses he was still apologizing.

"I should've believed you." He smashed our lips together.

"I'm sorry." He kissed me again.

I separated us.

"Hold on, I'm not doing any of this with you until I know for sure what this is." I was serious.

I am not into that friends with benefits stuff.

"I have something for you." He smirked.

"What?" I was a little nervous.

He pulled out my composition book from his back.

"Everything you wrote in this book is a reflection of all of my feelings for you. The songs, the poems, the entries, they all reflect my feelings for you." He smiled, I love that smile.

I smiled right back. He grabbed my hand and guided me upstairs. With every step my heart began to beat faster and faster.

We walked into my blue room and I swear it had turned purple. The butterflies in my stomach were starting irritate me.

Me and Diggy were about to transition from best friends to something I've always wanted. He's mine and I'm his.