Chapter 45: Id Die For You (Diggy)

I'm starting to see Jessica in a different light and I don't like it. She's seems like such a good person which is so different from her usual. Maybe this situation is helping her.

"What's up Doc?" I sat across from him and a few other doctors.

"Daniel I'm sorry." He looked down.

"Sorry for what? You said everything was going to be fine, what's different?" I stood up.

"She was good, but now due to the chest trauma her lung has pierced her. She's not going to be able to breathe once all of the blood goes through her lungs." The other doctor looked at me.

"Okay so do something before that happens, I see a bunch of PhDs in this room someone has to know something." I paced the room.

"Daniel, there is nothing we can do to stop the bleeding, we have to let it take its course." Viana's doctor walked up to me. "I have some papers I need you to sign. Viana has left this decision up to you."

I squinted my face. "What are you talking about?"

"She left you in charge of her life. It's your choice, we can pull the plug now."

"Are you fucking kidding me? Go to hell." I stormed out of the room and back into Viana's room. Jessica was gone. She couldn't handle what I was about to tell her anyways.

I looked at Viana and I felt so cold. She shouldn't be in this predicament. If anybody should be laying in that hospital bed its me. She most likely wouldn't be going through this if it wasn't for me.

I got a text from Viana's cousin saying she would meet me at the hospital and I don't know how I'm going to break this news to her.

I sat next to Viana. "We created such a beautiful baby girl. You went to college like you wanted to. You ended up with me like you wanted to." I chuckled. "You've been my rock since we were kids. I can't live without you." I stroked her hair and kissed her forehead. "I'll see you soon."

As I was getting ready to walk out of the room I seen Viana's cousin in the doorway crying. I walked past her. I could barely deal with my emotions so I know I can't deal with hers.

I went home. I wrote a letter to my family and walked out onto the street and laid down in the middle of the intersection.

"Diggy she's awake!" I heard Viana's cousin scream onto the street.

I stood up, numb, I couldn't believe she was saving me again....until I heard this loud honking. This truck approached me too fast, I saw this coming. And it hurts, but if I die I died for her.