Chapter Ten: Caught Up (Viana)

Me and Tamara were having a very chill night watching Lifetime movies with a bucket of ice cream and two cans of whipped cream. We both were going through guy problems.

She had just found out a few days ago that her boyfriend of two years was cheating on her and I was trying to cope with feelings that I've had for my best friend for ten plus years.

As we were cussing at the white girl who always trips over nothing in the movies my doorbell rang. I didn't want to separate myself from the TV but I got up and made my way to the door.

It was probably Romeo with the Mickey Ds. I decided me and him needed to stay friends. Though I need to let my feelings for Diggy go it's not that simple and I don't want to be the one to hurt Romeo. I'll leave that to Jessica.

I looked in the peephole and there he was. Diggy, my downfall. I opened the door and before I could say anything snappy he crashed his lips onto mines, backing me into the nearest wall.

This has to be a dream. Diggy, my best friend whom I've wanted since we still had naps in school is in my house, KISSING ME! Tamara walked in. We separated.

"My bad." Tamara took her whipped cream can and headed back towards the living room. I wiped my lips.

"What was that?" I was mind boggled.

"I...I don't know." Seriously? That's the best he could do?

My doorbell rang again. I knew exactly who it was this time. I hesitated answering the door, but I did. Romeo walked in and kissed me dead on the lips that Diggy had just devoured.

"Go ahead and go to the living room, I'm sure Tamara is waiting for those fries." I didn't want to make this situation more awkward than it already was so I didn't bother acknowledging Diggy.

"Okay." Romeo eyed Diggy while he passed by us to get to the living room.

"Why is he in your house at 10 o clock at night?" He was very defensive.

"I invited him over." I was intrigued by how curious he was about Romeo.

"Well tell him to go home." When he said that I felt shivers from my head to my feet.

"I'm not going to do that, he's my friend he can stay if he wants to." Now I'm being difficult, only because Diggy knows how much I hate being told what to do.

"Oh so you let all your friends kiss you?" He was getting smart with me.

"You just did." I shut him down fast. He shook his head.

"I'll talk to you about this later." He kissed my forehead before leaving the house.

I loved my best friend and that was the problem. Was he really over here because he loved me back or did he just come over here for sex? What does he want from me?

He kissed me which now changes everything about our friendship. I mean lets not forget that those lips were set on Jessica for a good six months.

I went back into the living room and had Tamara catch me up on everything I had missed on TV.

"So what was that about?" She glanced at me and put her eyes back on the TV. My eyes were on Romeo as his eyes were glued to his phone.

"Nothing we can't talk about later." Tamara nodded.

She knew that was code for "I want to tell you but someone who I don't want to know anything about this is in the room". That's how our friendship worked. We could read each other like an open book. My phone started ringing. The sound of it tore Romeo's eyes from his phone to me.

"Hey mom." She was probably calling to check on me.

"Tell Romeo it's time to go home." Did I hear that right? How did my mom know he was here?