Chapter Seven: The Party

The night of my pre birthday party had come fast and I was excited. Tonight I'm spending my night with a bunch of people who love me and want to help me celebrate my birthday. Everybody's here except the one person I want to see the most.

I analyzed everything that happened today and I was being a jerk so I was hoping I could apologize to Viana when she got here but she's a no show.

"Enjoying your party?" My sister Angela came up behind me with two gift bags in her hand. I hugged her.

"Yeah, thanks for coming Angie." I took the gifts from her hands and sat them in the office.

"Hey have you seen Viana?" She smiled at my question.

"No, I thought she would be here with you. Maybe you should go by the house. The party will be here when you get back." I nodded and decided to head next door. I rang the doorbell and her mom answered the door.

"Is she here?" Her mom knew exactly who I was talking about.

"She's in her room." She let me in and closed the door behind me.

I was one of the only guys Viana's mom trusted in her room. I walked upstairs and headed towards her door. I heard the most soothing sound, her voice singing along to the rhythm she'd created with her guitar. I walked in and she stopped.

"Why'd you stop?" I sat beside her on her bed.

"Why are you here?" She sounded irritated with me. I knew I had to fix this.

"Look I'm sorry about earlier. I shouldn't have reacted like that." I was begging for her acceptance. She just strummed her guitar.

"This party is no fun without you." I nudged her, trying to get her to open up to me.

She started smiling while she played her guitar and I knew I had my best friend back. I looked down at the composition book she was reading out of. I grabbed it.

"What's this?" She snatched it before I could read the first line.

"Don't you have a party to go to?" She was trying to get rid of me.

"I'm not going if you don't." She thought I was joking but I was very serious.

"It's not my birthday." She had a point.

"No but it is your birthday month." She couldn't disagree with me on that.

I got off her bed and detached her from her guitar. She was going to come to my party even if I had to carry her there.

Most of the night Viana spent time catching up with my sister seeing as how Angela now lived in Los Angeles and we barely got a chance to see her. They were close. They shared the same hatred towards Jessica too.

I spent most of the night thinking about Jessica. I invested six months into that girl, of course she's on my mind. She was calling my phone all night. I'm surprised she didn't just show up. The party had ended and Viana stayed behind to help me clean up.

"Did you have fun?" She asked me with such an innocent smile on her face. She's adorable.

"Yeah I had a lot of fun, aren't you glad you came?" I giggled at what I had just said preparing myself for one of her smart remarks.

"I was perfectly fine strumming my guitar in my room." I told you she'd have a smart remark.

"Well I'm glad you came." The moment I said that our eyes met.

We've looked at each other in the eyes before but this felt different. I don't know what's going on but I didn't look at her like my best friend. I wanted her.

My sister walked in tearing me and Viana's attention away from each other.

"I'm not interrupting something am I?" Angie smiled because she was hoping she did interrupt something. She's always wanted me and Viana to be together.

"I gotta go." Viana grabbed her phone and rushed out of the house.

What's going on between us? This can't happen. Me and her could never be more than friends. I can't let that happen so I didn't even bother chasing after her.