Chapter Twenty Six: On The Air (Viana)

I've enjoyed LA so much. I'm not too excited about going home tomorrow and facing reality. I go to school with people I can't stand, I'm hiding my relationship from my mom, oh and on top of that prom is getting closer. It's time to start saving up.

I'm not going to lie being in this moment with Diggy and watching his dreams come true warms my heart. He deserves the world and I know he's going to conquer it.

"Babe we're here." Diggy snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Okay." I smiled at him.

When we got inside the building Diggy's grip on my hand became tighter. The closer we got the more pain I was in.

When we got in the room I stood along the wall while Diggy greeted the radio host Yessi Ortiz. They sat down and as the song "What's My Name?" by Rihanna faded out Yessi began with the interview.

"What's up LA it's your girl Yessi Ortiz and today with me is Run DMC member Rev Run's son Diggy Simmons. What's up man? It's good to have you here." She smiled.

"Thank you. It's good to be here." He smiled back.

"So let's get right into it, you're now rapping. You have a track that we'll play in just a little bit, now is there any fear in trying to follow in your dad's footsteps?" Before I heard Diggy's answer Uncle Russ came up to me.

"What's up baby girl?" He hugged me. "What are you doing here?" His eyes got wide.

"You've got a thing with Dig?" He raised his eyebrows at me.

I nodded. He smiled.

"Well here you go LA, Diggy Simmons new single." She played the song.

I tuned out everything else around me and listened to nothing but the lyrics. They were sweet, genuine, and reflected my exact feelings. It made me want to cry.

Diggy rotated his chair to face me. His smile lit up the whole room. He motioned me over with his hand. I walked up to him and he sat me on his lap. As the song ended I gave him a kiss.

"I love it." I looked at his lips.

"You do?" He asked.

"And I'm proud of you." I looked him in his eyes. "I'm so proud of you." I said it again to notify him of the seriousness of what I just said.

He grabbed my face and kissed me.

"Aw you guys are too cute." Yessi interrupted.

"I'm Yessi." She put her hand out.

"Viana." I shook her hand.

"Well everybody that was Diggy Simmons' hot new single 4 Letter Word. If you like it call in and request it. You know the drill." She looked at me and paused. "We have a special guest, the inspiration behind this song, Diggy's girlfriend Viana. So Viana how are you feeling about the song?" She looked at me.

I think my tongue went numb. "I love it, I know what he's capable of, his talent amazes me. That song gave me chills because the lyrics reflected real feelings. I'm proud." I looked at Diggy whom was already smiling at me.

"Diggy how does it feel to hear her talk about you that way?" She smiled.

"It makes me feel good. We've been best friends since before we could walk so to be able to experience this and go through it with her is a blessing. She's a blessing. She knows me more than anyone on this earth and if I'm doing wrong she's gonna tell me I'm doing wrong." He laughed. "But when I'm doing right she cheers louder than anyone I know."

I kissed his cheek. "I'm his biggest fan."

After a few more questions the interview was over and we went back to our hotel room. Uncle Russ didn't let us off easy, he told us eventually we needed to come clean to our parents but our secret was safe with him.