Chapter Twenty One: School Daze (Diggy)

"Wait aren't you guys supposed to be at school?" Mama V looked at me up and down and then looked at Viana so it was the perfect time to jet.

"I'll see you at school." I then rushed out of her house.

Cold as hell. I got back in my house and tried to close the door quietly but it was no use. When my little sister sees me she always announces my arrival by screaming my name.

"Dig!" My mom yelled at me from the kitchen.

My journey to the kitchen felt like I was walking the green mile getting right with Jesus.

"Hey mom." I kissed her cheek and all she did was side eye me.

"Where were you? You better not have been at that Jessica girls house." She never did like Jessica.

"I was next door." I knew this conversation was over.

"Oh okay. They're coming over for dinner tonight too." She smiled and I knew why but instead of commenting on it I just walked out.

I parked next to Viana's car when I got to school. She was always earlier than I was. My friends met up with me in front of the school because they wanted details from yesterday.

"So what happened yesterday?" Roger was curious to know if I took his advice.

"I found Viana's composition book in Jessica's nightstand." I rolled my eyes at the thought of her.

"Okay so what's in it?" He was rocking back and forth waiting for my answer.

I shrugged. "Nothing serious. She's got a lot of poetry in it. That's all." I don't want my friends in me and Viana's business like that.

Them being in our business is going to cause nothing but drama for our relationship. I think what they don't know about last night won't hurt them. My friends aren't dumb though. They knew there was something more to things than what I was telling them.

"Come on man, so what happened with Viana? Did you talk to her?" My friend Nathan had been caught up on everything through Roger.

"We good. I went to her house last night. We talked things out and now she's my girlfriend. Next topic." I didn't want anymore questions about last night.

"Who's your girlfriend?" That voice was way too familiar.

I turned to my side and Jessica was staring me in my eyes.

"It's not you so it's none of your business." I snapped.

"Looks like you won't be going to see Viana okay tomorrow seeing as how she's kicked off the team." I turned to my friends.

"Come on yall, I don't have time for her." My friends followed behind me as I walked through the school. Jessica was the last person on my mind.