Chapter Two: She Devil

I know it's bad to hate people, but I hate that girl. And no, not because she with Diggy, but because she is plain evil.

She is considered the most popular girl in school. If you ask me I say she's just a fire breathing dragon keeping me from my prince.

She is nothing but a bully. She's never liked me because she knows how close Diggy and I are. She constantly tries to get under my skin but all the attempts have failed.

I can't even sit down all the way before she has something stupid to say. "Look who decided to show up today, shouldn't you be skipping down the yellow brick road with your owner?"

Wow, good one Jessica. If I was ToTo then she was the Wicked Witch of the West.

"Babe leave her alone." Diggy to the rescue.

Usually I would have something sarcastic to snap back at her with, but it's the last class of the day and I don't have it in me to say anything today. I'm tired of going back and forth. I'm not Aaliyah.

Plus, I have basketball practice after school. I looked up from my camera and Diggy was right in front of me, looking me straight in my eyes.

"Yes?" I said concerned as to why he was staring at me with the silliest puppy dog eyes, cute but still silly.

"Can you give me a ride home? Jessica needs to borrow my car so she can get to work on time after school." I'm happy and mad at the same time. Can't he see she is using him?

"I have basketball practice." I said reluctantly.

"I'll wait." He said it like he prepared himself for my answer.

Basketball is the only thing in my life that I have control over and I'm good. I don't want to brag but WNBA stars bow down to my skills. A lot of people at my school like me because of how well I play, but I bet if I didn't bring this school a championship two years in a row they wouldn't think twice about me.

Diggy used to play for the guys basketball team, but he decided to quit and focus on his music. I supported him in his decision because I know how much music means to him, hell it means a lot to me too, but he can go places with his.

My music is personal to me. It's all written in a black and white composition book and I only sing behind closed door where no one can hear me.

After practice we hopped into my 2013 White Mercedes Gwagon, the most noticeable car on the school's lot.

"There's a game tomorrow huh?" I smiled knowing he was coming to see me play.

"Yeah, you're coming right?" I looked in his direction and back at the road.

"No."

What? Did he really just say that? There has to be a good explanation as to why he wouldn't come support me in the first game of the season.

"Why?" I know he heard the shakiness in my voice but I didn't care.

"Tomorrows me and Jessica's 6 month anniversary." That explanation sucked.