Chapter Four: Game Day (Diggy)

Every time I look at my car I'm pissed off more and more, but not as pissed as Viana looks walking down the hall. I stopped her in her tracks. I hate seeing my best friend upset.

"V, what's wrong?" I was worried.

"Mrs. T kicked me off the team." I could tell she was trying not to cry.

"Did she tell you why?" She turned my way and at that moment I seen those pretty hazel eyes of hers turn dark brown.

"She said my behavior needed some improvement."

That puzzled me. What could Viana possibly improve on? I didn't know what else to say so I just wrapped my arms around her.

Once Viana wrapped her hands around my arms I felt a tug on my shirt. It was Jessica of course. I let go of Viana and as I examined Jessica's face I seen how bruised she was.

"What the hell happened to your face?" She narrowed her eyes at me as if I had said something wrong.

"I was in a fight." I wasn't surprised.

"Oh sorry." I tried not to sound like an insensitive jackass.

Jessica then walked past me as if being in my presence disgusted her. Hey I tried. When I turned around Viana had vanished. She probably went to class earlier than me for once.

When I walked in class I saw her sitting next to her friend Tamara who was rubbing her back trying to make her feel better.

I still can't believe she got kicked off the team. She's the best player they've got. Plus, you can only get kicked off the team if your grades are low or you've been in a fight. Wait a minute.

I grabbed Viana by her arm and away from her desk.

"What are you doing?" She was confused as to why I was handling her the way I was.

"Did you and Jessica get into a fight yesterday?" I didn't skip around the subject.

I want answers and I want them now. She looked at me like I had an eye growing on my forehead.

"No, why would you say that?" She was just as confused as I was.

"Jessica said she got into a fight and now you're kicked off the team. It doesn't add up."

As soon as I said that Viana's other friend walked up. She was eager for Viana's attention.

"What's up Briana?" Viana looked at her worried.

Even I was interested in hearing what she had to say.

"This morning I went into Mrs. T's office to get my jersey from her and Jessica barged into the office talking about how you beat her up because you're jealous of her relationship with Diggy and either Mrs. T kicks you off the team or she was going to get cops involved. Jessica got you kicked off the team."

Viana's eyes went from the dark brown color they were earlier to pure bloodshot red. She's mad and so am I. Jessica was a no show in class, but that's not a surprise.