Chapter 46: I Live For You (Viana)

I was able to catch my breath. I was breathing, I'm awake. How the hell am I awake? I'm supposed to be dying right now. Something has to be going on with Diggy. I know it.

"Knock knock." My mom smiled as she walked in.

I smiled. "Hi mom"

She stroked my hair. "You had us all scared half to death you know that?" She kissed my head.

My doctor walked in with his head hung low. "Viana, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but your fiancé has been in a fatal accident."

"I just woke up and this is what you have to tell me?" I tried to sit up in my bed.

He got louder. "If we do not get him blood he could possibly die. We don't have anyone who is his blood type."

I looked up. "Me. Take mines."

"We can't use an active patient." He walked around the room.

"What do you mean an active patient?" I sat myself up.

"It has to be from someone who is deceased. He needs to much blood. A transfusion like this could kill you." He looked me in my eyes so I was aware of his seriousness.

I looked him right back in his. "I don't care. Do what you have to do."

"Viana don't be stupid." My mom interrupted.

I held her hand. "If I'm meant to make it, I'll make it."

"Are you sure you want to go through with this?" my doctor looked at me.

I nodded. "Yes."

Did I tell you guys why I said Diggy was my fiancé? No? Well here's why. I knew after my accident it was going to be fatal and I didn't want to think of myself as just Diggy's baby mama if I was going to die. I wanted to be something I was proud of. I said he was my fiancé. While I was sleeping I could just picture our wedding and how we planned for it.

I was feeling no pain at all. I could hear but sometimes all I could do was feel. I think I liked those moments better, when the only thing I could feel was love and emotion.

I heard Jessica in my sleep. I couldn't make out all of her words but I know they were coming from a good place...this time around.

When I could hear Diggy...his voice was so crystal clear and still gave me chills. He's so pure in my eyes guys I don't even know how to describe it. If you've been reading maybe you can understand a little of what I'm talking about. I know he would lay down his life for me and that's exactly why I'm going through with this. I live life just so I can die with him. Without him there is no me. And I'm sure he's said the same thing about me once before.

We grew up together. Physically and mentally. We created such a beautiful little girl who is the greatest gift anyone could ever receive. Diggy taught me how to love someone whole heartedly. He's given me more lessons than he knows of. The image of him in a hospital bed makes me feel like I need one.

"Viana it's time." My doctor walked in.

A week later I wake up to two beautiful eyes staring at me.

I sat up in the chair. "Hey, you're up."

He smiled. "I've been watching you sleep for a good two hours."

I grabbed his hand. "How are you feeling?"

"How are you feeling?" He looked at me.

"I'm fine. I knew I was going to be fine. Just like I knew you were going to be fine." I smiled at him.

"How did you do it?" He looked in my eyes.

I chuckled. "How did I do what?"

"How did you wake up from almost dying? How are you so stable right now after giving me your blood? How?" He scanned my eyes.

I shrugged my shoulders and smiled.

"Jessica was right about you." He rubbed my hand.

I squinted my face confused as to what Jessica out of all people could've been right about.

The next day Diggy was able to come home and he was finally back to his normal self. I was glad to see him so happy and especially glad to find out that Diggy wasn't the father of Jessica's baby but while he was in the hospital I had time to accept it even if it was his baby.

"Babe, get dressed so we can eat!" Diggy yelled from the other room.

"I'm coming!" I yelled.

I walked past my mirror and took a second to stare at myself. I seen a scar on my lower back. I checked it out in the mirror for a second. "Hmm."

The End.