Chapter 34: Tell Him The Truth (Viana)

I wasn't going to hide this from Diggy. I was gonna tell him. I was going to start over as parents and give him a chance to fix his wrong doings. I was gonna do what's best for my baby. Not too long ago I found out Diggy moved on and got a girl. That killed my plan.

"You're ready to pop, you can't hide a baby from him forever. He lives right next door." My mom cooked.

"I'm gonna do it for as long as I have to." I wobbled to the kitchen.

"Just promise me something." My mom stopped cooking.

"And what's that?" I sat down.

"When this baby gets here, you tell Diggy it's his." She looked at me.

I whined. "But why?"

"My best friends son has gotten my daughter pregnant and I'm over their house almost every day. I can't keep that a secret forever." She continued cooking.

She was right. I was gonna have to tell him.

A few months had passed and my baby girl is finally here. Ivery Daniella Janae Simmons. 5 pounds 4 ounces. The best thing that's ever happened to me. I thought Diggy took up all the love I could ever have but I was wrong. Ivery holds my heart.

"Peek a boo!" I smiled.

Ivery laughs. The doorbell rings.

"Say we got it nana, huh?" I walked with Ivery to the door and when I opened it my heart fell out of my chest.

"Your mom told me to come over." Diggy said eyeing the baby.

"Come on in." I opened the door wider.

Diggy looked better than I'd seen him 7 months ago. I know he was wondering why I was holding a two month old so close to me.

"Whose baby?" He sat on the couch.

"That's what I need to talk to you about?" I sat next to him.

"Now you need to talk to me and I haven't seen you in months, you've been avoiding me." He leaned on the couch. "What do you want so I can go." He snapped.

His phone rang. He answered it.

"Hello?" He stood up. "Baby let me call you back." "I know I told you I'd be there but this is your wedding you know what you want." "Baby I have to go, I'll see you tonight." He hung up. "What were you saying?" He looked at me.

"You're getting married?" I put Ivery in her carrier. I knew if I carried her any longer she'd fall out right with me.

"Yeah I am." He raised his eyebrow at me. "You didn't want me."

"Diggy you cheated. With my best friend." I said trying to keep my balance.

"I made a mistake. A mistake I never stopped trying to fix. You gave up on us so I had to." He clenched his fist.

Ivery cried.

"I was hurt that didn't mean I stopped loving you." I choked on my words.

Ivery cried.

"You sure acted like it, but I get it. You've moved on with your life and I'm just trying to do the same." He shrugged and started walking towards the door.

"What if I don't want you to?" I burst out.

"And why not?" He opened the door.

"Your daughter needs you." I whispered.

He slammed the door closed. "What did you just say?"