xv. this is trippy.

EDDIE BRUSHED past James, smiling and patting his arm before sending him a thumbs-up which James didn't get, his brows furrowed as Eddie got closer to the girls. The green eyed man glanced back and saw Steve walking faster to catch up to him, smiling faintly.

"Hey..." He says and James just slows down so Steve could catch up to him. "Hey." He says, smiling back at his ex-boyfriend. "Um... so Munson tells me that... you, uh, dove right in after me." He sounds a bit smug and James rolls his eyes, looking ahead of them.

"Well, why wouldn't I? I meant it when I said that you're the love of my life." He chuckled softly and Steve looked over at him right away. "Are? No longer... were?" He had to ask and James just glanced around. "I mean, I think I would've jumped in for anyone. Like, Nancy, Robin, or Eddie." He says and that pained feeling tugs at Steve's heart, looking at James who looked over at the three up ahead.

Eddie had really put his hopes up about James jumping in after Steve, diving in after him with no hesitation, just for James to say he'd do it for Nancy, Robin or Eddie too. At the same time, it was just the person James was that made him fall in love with him in the first place. It still hurt as he glanced down and James looked over at him, seeing that look on his face.

"I mean, I--I would've maybe wondered if it was worth it if it came to any of them, but not you, um... I--I didn't spare a second because I love you and I always have." He says and Steve looked up at him right away. James stopped and so did the shorter, turning to face him as the taller slowly glanced down, Steve's eyes fixated on him, specifically his lips.

Pink, kissable lips that were perfect. "I feel like I'm always messing up with you..." James stepped closer, reaching up to grab Steve's hand. "James." Steve whispers and James quickly glanced up, into his eyes. "I--" Steve is cut off by another earthquake, James pulling him close as he grabbed onto the nearest tree. "Seriously? Again?" Steve says, sounding frustrated and James sighs, noticing Nancy run off and Robin shout after her.

"Nancy!" But while Robin is shouting after Nancy, Steve realized how he was fully pressed to the tree he's holding onto while James was holding him close, their bodies practically pressed together as his whole body felt like it was on fire, his eyes widening a bit.

But then the earthquake stops, "come on." James pulls Steve along and they run after Robin. "Nancy!" Robin stops by Nancy, Eddie on the other side with James and Steve to Eddie's right, looking out at the destruction. "Come on." Nancy leads the way.

James and Steve hadn't even noticed the fact they were holding hands, or even the fact they kept holding hands throughout the whole way to the Wheelers'. Once they arrived, Nancy went in first with James and Steve behind her, looking around her home covered in slimes and gunk. "Might be time to get a maid, Wheeler." Robin says and James chuckles.

"Come on. I don't want to say here longer than we have to." Nancy tells them, heading upstairs with Robin and Eddie following, James tugging Steve along but the boy stopped. "What's wrong?" The taller turns to him. "Do you hear that?" Steve whispered and James focused, wondering what exactly he was supposed to be hearing, then he heard it.

The sound of talking. "What is that?" He whispers and followed behind Steve down the staircase towards the dining room. "It's Henderson. You do hear that, right?" Steve said, pointing around as he lets go of James' hand, walking more to the middle.

"I--I hear something but that could be anything, I mean..." James just stood there, watching Steve who was spinning around in circles. "He's here!" He said and James just glanced around. "Funny because I don't see him." He says and the Harrington stops to turn to him. "No, he's here, seriously, just listen," he grabs onto James' wrists and pulled him closer.