Twenty Nine

ALICIA tried so hard to spin the bottle so it wouldn’t land on a particular someone, she was a little intoxicated and so was the group. Some got bored and left leaving just close friends. Zedina noted that Samantha didn’t show up, if she wasn’t so invested in the game and her friends’ ridiculous antics she would have left to find her.

Jane held Zedina’s hand tightly every time the bottle landed on her, she opted to take a shot instead of making out with one of her friends. Not when the bottle seemed to land on a plump girl that sat on Raquel’s other side and Leonard who groaned when she would choose drinking, his ego was really bruised.

The door to the closet opened, and the group turned their heads to see a tousled Jessica trying to fix her skirt, a short girl in tow. The boys in the group oohed causing the girls to roll their eyes, Jessica chuckled and sat back down. Alicia nudged her and gave her a teasing smile, Jessica softly chuckled and slapped her arm playfully.

“Your turn Zee,” Jessica said pushing the bottle her way.

“I’ll just take the drink.” Zedina said already reaching for a glass shot which Jessica quickly pulled away from her reach, she held a disapproving look, one that said, ‘not this time, spin’

Zedina huffed and puffed her cheeks, she mumbled a low fine and spun the bottle. Three heartbeats rapidly beat at the same time, Jane held her breath praying for the bottle to land on her so she could get some alone time with Zedina, she wanted nothing more than to hold the girl again and they weren’t leaving the party any time soon. She noted how addicted to Zedina’s kisses she had become, she craved for it.

Alicia played with her fingers counting in her head while biting her lip, Jessica subtly rubbed her back telling her that she was there for her. Zedina hung on her last breath, she felt conflicted, wanting the bottle to both land on Jane and Alicia as impossible as that would be.

She swallowed harshly as the bottle’s speed reduced, Alicia’s breath caught in her throat as the bottle slowly landed on her. Jane groaned, “This game is rigged.” She pouted, Zedina though she felt a weight settle in her stomach, she chuckled softly, and rubbed Jane’s hand.

Jessica squeezed Alicia’s hand, Alicia thought everything around her was suddenly rotating as blood rushed in her body causing her to feel heat in places she didn’t think were possible. “Off you go.” Jessica winked at Alicia and urged her to stand up. Alicia glanced at Zedina and wished she didn’t as the girl already had eyes on her.

The two shakily made their way to the supply closet and locked the door behind them, Alicia stretched her hands and walked further into the room surprised that it was actually spacious. The two girls stood distantly, each in their own head. The air in the room felt so thick they both found it difficult to breathe, Alicia stood staring at a shelf filled with painting cans while Zedina stared at her back, her lip tucked between her teeth.

She wanted to say something, anything, but she couldn’t find her voice. She sighed deeply and took small steps toward Alicia, each step causing a sharp thrill to rush in her body. Her heart pounded loudly, Alicia felt her movement, smelt her fragrance getting closer enveloping her.

Zedina stood inches behind Alicia, her hands itched to wrap them around her best friend. “Alicia . . .” She mumbled her voice low, the hair on Alicia’s neck stood when Zedina called her name. She gulped and slowly turned only to note the small distance between them.

Her gaze was on the floor, her chest visibly rose and fell as she tried to control her breathing. She moved to go past Zedina only for the girl to stretch her hand and trap her, Zedina took a small step closer trapping Alicia between her and the shelf behind them.

Alicia chewed on her lip as her eyes fluttered shut, ‘Don’t open your eyes,’ She chanted in her head. Zedina’s Rose fragrance completely entrapped her, she felt an urge to bury her face in her shoulder and never stop.

Zedina pulled her finger through the loop of Alicia’s jeans gently tugging her forward, the two were now pressed chest to chest against each other; their chest moving up and down in sync. “What are you doing Zee?” Alicia asked in a whisper while taking shaky breaths. She raised her head and stared at Zedina who wore a tiny smile that eased Alicia a little.

Alicia’s hands hang by her side unsure whether to hold her waist or let her lead, she slowly raised one hand and tucked Zedina’s hair behind her ear causing Zedina to shyly smile and bite her lip. “You’re really beautiful,” Alicia said and released a soft chuckle.

“You are too,” Zedina whispered, she softly nudged Alicia’s nose with hers and rubbed her face against hers trying to hold back her urges. Alicia could swear she felt a zoo inside her stomach, her heartbeat alarmed her, and yet she waited patiently for Zedina to make a move. She could feel her short fruity breath mixed with a little alcohol fan her.

Zedina gulped, her lips brushed lightly on Alicia’s causing her to gasp softly, she threw caution to the wind and finally attached their lips. Alicia gasped and almost immediately kissed back, she couldn’t believe how soft Zedina’s lips were, like marshmallows. She raised her shaking hands and cupped Zedina’s face while the other girl wrapped her arms around Alicia’s waist.

It was only a quick kiss but it left them breathless when Zedina pulled apart, staring at Alicia’s lips she almost didn’t want it to end. Like a rush, it died for a moment and she felt a little guilty, her eyes widened as her mouth hang open.

“I- I’m so sorry Alicia. I shouldn’t ha . . .” She was cut off when Alicia shook her head, pulled her, and captured her in another kiss. Zedina sighed in relief, smiling a little as she kissed her back.

Author's Note

What do you guys think? I hope you had a lovely Saturday :) Do you think what they did was wrong? Alicia has Ian and although they didn't make it official, Zedina has Jane. Where does Sam fit in all this? Tell me your thoughts.