Twenty Four

WHEN she couldn’t confide in her best friend, Alicia knew to always seek Jessica’s help. This was one of those times, more so when her turmoil was being caused by said best friend. She left Ian questioning what the deal was with his girlfriend when she suddenly walked out of his room without so much as an explanation.

He figured she might have wanted space or she was having one of her mornings. She had slept the night in his room, in his arms and her mind drifted off to what Zedina could be doing with Jane. The two had started hanging out more, consequentially eating into the time she used to hang out with her other friends.

Alicia felt the withdrawal more, it wasn’t much of a withdrawal from them. It’s how Alicia felt. She was very happy that her best friend was moving on from Samantha. At least they all hoped so since Zedina hadn’t mentioned the girl's name for weeks or even bat her eyes her way.

However, every time she felt a tight grip in her throat when she saw Jane kiss Zedina anywhere. All she could think of was she needed her own genie to grant her wish to have her best friend even for a night. Turning in Ian’s arms she thought of how soft and gentle Zedina’s arms would be.

When he would kiss her and she could taste his minty freshness; she would imagine how fruity Zedina would taste. She would even compare how Ian smiled, the wrinkle in his eyes when he was happy to how Zedina’s features would soften and how her nose would scrunch up when she didn’t like something.

She loved how masculine Ian’s fragrance smelled, especially when he would tightly wrap his arms around her and kiss the top of her head. And then she would think about Zedina’s sensual sandalwood fragrance and she would lose it. She hadn’t had a decent sleep in days as her thoughts would race in her mind.

Countless times she saw Zedina and thought of her head between her legs filling her with ecstasy. Alicia could almost imagine how Zedina would taste, how her back would stiffen as she climaxed, and the way her face would contort to the most beautiful form as she released.

Faintly, she imagined the heavenly sounds she would make. She would jolt back to reality and find herself being looked at weirdly.

She felt utterly exhausted.

So, as she made her way to Jessica’s house she contemplated the whole situation. Was it just a simple crush on her best friend that would eventually wear out? Or, was she seriously considering building a thing with her? Was it even possible?

All these questions left her pulling her hair out trying to figure them out, her eyes had bags underneath them. She was glad the Country was celebrating a National holiday and so they didn’t have any classes for the three days that came with the weekend.

She closed her eyes, sighed heavily, and then knocked on Jessica’s door. Her rap was instantly responded to with Jessica pulling her into a quick hug. One she didn’t realise how much she needed it. Jessica held her for a moment and then squeezed her gently once before letting go.

“I made tea,” Jessica said as she pulled Alicia by the arm inside. She walked to the kitchen and grabbed the kettle, she poured hot beverages into two cups and then carried them in a tray to her living room. Alicia thanked her and took a sip of it, she smiled when she tasted ginger.

“You had me worried, is everything alright?” Jessica asked placing her cup on the coffee table. Alicia heavily sighed and gripped her cup tightly. She opened her mouth to say something but words caught in her throat. She swallowed harshly and then bit her lip.

Author's Note

Hey :) I hope y'all had a lovely day or night. I'm off to bed now, I have a job interview(for my internship) tomorrow morning. Wish me luck :)

Ps: Alicia will figure things out. Not to worry. Stay safe.