Twenty Six

THE party rolled in too soon for Zedina’s liking, she could almost feel the bitter taste of her pre-game drink rising in her throat. She occasionally took deep breaths trying to calm her racing heart, Jane noticed her bouncing leg and the way she chewed on the tips of her fingers. She instantly grabbed her hand in hers and rubbed them together, she then placed her leg on top of Zedina stopping her movements.

Zedina smiled weakly, silently thanking her. Jane responded by nodding and pressing a gentle kiss on her forehead. The act made Zedina’s heart flutter with warmth rushing in her body, she squeezed Jane’s hand holding hers.

They were in an Uber driving to Leonard’s house, they would be meeting the rest of the gang at the party. Zedina moved closer to Jane and rested her head on her shoulder, she took in a deep breath and inhaled the sweet Arabic fragrance that Jane wore. A warm smile spread across her lips, she loved how good Jane smelled.

She even made Jane give her one of her hoodies just because they smelled like her and she wanted something for when they weren’t together.

Jane of course didn’t hesitate, in fact, she loved doing little things for Zedina. She loved watching her whole face light up because she brought her, her favourite chocolate, or when she agrees to watch her favourite show for hours, and when she would kiss her nose and bop it because she called her cute, and brush her hair back before plaiting lovely braids because she loved how silky her hair was.

Her best moments were when Zedina would whine for them to cuddle because she was cold and Jane was ever warm. She couldn’t have asked for better; Jane knew better than anyone that Zedina still loved and would always love Samantha, but she was happy because she got to spend time with the most amazing girl she had met.

Jane was in too deep than Zedina, nonetheless, she didn’t mind one bit. Raquel and her other friends didn’t cease to tease her; they would leave her a blushing mess when they were done with her. It never helped that at the mention of the girl she wouldn’t stop smiling and staring into space, her thoughts running wild with the girl, from her sweet smile to her charming soft brown eyes, her kind heart, soft spot for everyone, her long ebony hair, and her curvaceous body.

It was as though she could picture the girl without needing a photo or seeing her as a reference. She could paint her even in her dreams, her brush would gently stroke against a canvas as she painted Zedina. Jane wanted to do things right with Zedina, by all means. She pushed aside the thought that they may not work out, and focused on being happy with her because that mattered to her the most.

They may have rushed things at first and taken the next step into their thing by sleeping together, but it was mutual and they both consented. Jane never felt more close to Zedina than when they did, it was as though she got to see her goddess in another light. ‘You’re just perfect,’ She said stroking Zedina’s arm, Zedina snuggled closer to her, a smile on her lips.

“Have I told you how beautiful you look?” Jane asked lifting their hands and pressing a kiss on the back of Zedina’s hand.

“Only—six times since I put this on.” Zedina chuckled nodding towards her short strawberry pink skirt which she had paired with a black sleeveless shirt and a strawberry pink jacket with black animal prints on top.

Only because it’s true.” Jane laughed and released her hand, she cupped Zedina’s face and planted a soft kiss on her lips. The latter instinctively wrapped her arms around Jane’s waist pulling her closer and deepening what was meant to be a soft peck. A wide grin made its way to Zedina’s lips, she bit her lower lip and pulled away.

“What was that for?” She asked in a soft voice, her gaze solely trained on Jane’s lips.

“Because I wanted to,” Jane chuckled and raised her index finger to wipe off the red smudge she left on Zedina’s lips. Zedina chuckled and rolled her eyes playfully, Jane turned her head to the side and kissed her cheek which left Zedina grinning wildly.

She pulled back and took Zedina’s hand in hers, “You look handsome.” Zedina winked at her when the car came to a stop at their destination moments later, Jane hid her blush by looking away and quickly pulling her purse, paying the driver before getting out and rushing to Zedina’s side and opening her door.

“Ah, how chivalrous of you darling.” Zedina teased placing a hand on her chest. Jane chortled and waved back to the driver wishing him a lovely night.

Jane held Zedina’s hand as they walked into what was already a lively bash, party lights reflected on the street walls making it easier to know which house it was being held in.

Zedina smiled giving Jane a once-over, she loved how the girl could pull off both butch and feminine look; like how she was now dressed in nicely fitted ripped jeans which she paired off with a white T-shirt, strawberry pink checker sweater vest, and even threw in a black beanie.

The two were welcomed with a chorus of hey from their friends, Jane kissed Raquel’s cheeks as they offered her a tumbler filled with vodka.

Zedina’s eyes quickly roamed inside the house looking for two people in particular, when she didn’t see them anywhere she released a resigned sigh. Jane quickly noticed this and tugged her hand, “Go find her, I’ll be with Raquel. Come find me after.” She said a little loudly over the music blasting in the house.

“Are you sure?” Zedina asked, her eyes were anticipative, glinting.

“Positive.” Jane couldn’t find it in her to say no to those hopeful shining eyes. She smiled and kissed her cheek, Zedina grabbed her face back and planted her lips on hers kissing her fiercely, it left Jane both thrilled and stunned.

Zedina pulled back and then pecked her one more time before waving and walking away. “Damn!” Jane looked away from Zedina’s figure to the voice and found Raquel and their girl with their eyes and jaws open. She chuckled and rolled her eyes, “Come on,” She dragged Raquel away.

Author's Note

Hello Luvs, I hope you had an amazing day today :) A good day to those starting theirs.

You can't help but like Jane honestly come on :)) Anyway I hope you liked the chapter. Thank you for reading, voting, and following me. I'm really grateful💞