Fourteen

IT WAS exactly five weeks since their last interaction. After Samantha stood her up on a Friday evening - that is after texting her and committing her evening to hang out which came as a surprise to her- she called later only an hour to the 'date' to cancel without explaining.

It left Zedina crawling back to her bed, weakened, she couldn't cry. She felt empty inside. She went right back to where she started.

With her heart broken.

She still saw her in the lecture halls, it didn't help that every time their eyes met they quickly turned away from each other.

Despite herself, she still longed for Samantha. She longed to be wrapped in her arms again.

She wanted to feel her heart beat against her. While her fingers traced her skin.

Every ding and ring of her phone left her wishing it was Samantha asking her to go over.

Maybe start things over.

She then tried going out to meet other girls at parties and even dared try OkCupid.

But, none of them worked out. Because they were not Samantha.

Alicia and the gang tried hooking her up with people they knew despite her declining every time. "I'm just not ready." Was her response.

Alicia never talked about the night they had a moment. She crossed it as intoxication driven and completely erased sexual thoughts about her best friend.

It was, after all, a moment.

Samantha couldn't shake off the feeling that she had betrayed her promise to mama T. To always protect and love her daughter.

Sure, a lot of things had gotten in their way. But, they could have handled things better. She could have handled things better.

"Can't I be my own fucking person? Do I need to always report to you everything I do? Everywhere I go? I have my own fucking life and I'll do whatever I want with it."

"I know Sam. I'm not asking you to be someone else. I just think you're overreacting now."

"Overreacting!?" Samantha scoffed. "My dad just died, the only parent I was left with and you're saying I'm overreacting?"

"I don't mean that." Zedina sighed.

"I'm just saying that getting wasted every day and moping around won't bring him back. Do you think he'll be happy knowing you're ruining your life right now? I mean look at you, Sam." Zedina said, she shook her head pointing to her appearance.

Her short ebony hair was tangled up, her clothes had tears and were dirty, and her eyes were bloodshot. She held a bottle of alcohol in her right arm which she swung as she screamed back at her. Her breath reeked of alcohol and weed.

"So what? Now you're disgusted by me?"

Zedina sighed, she felt it pointless to argue with her. Especially when she was intoxicated.

"I drew you a bath, please just get inside and once you're sober we'll talk."

"No, fuck it! Fuck you! I'm leaving." Samantha gulped her drink and staggered down the steps of Zedina's home.

Zedina badly wanted- needed- to call her back. But, she didn't. She watched as the love of her life staggered her way into the street.

"Come on babe. Just this last time, if you don't like this girl we'll let you be for some time." Jessica said dragging her arm.

Zedina sighed, they had found another date for her. The weekend was just beginning. She really didn't have any plans to go out.

Buy a few snacks, watch Harry Potter on a loop the whole weekend, and wait for Monday. That was her schedule.

"I swear she's just your type." Jessica encouraged.

"How do you know my type?" She lamely argued.

"Raquel picked her, so we know she's your type." Jerida rolled her eyes.

"It's either that or I keep walking in on you playing with yourself," Jerida added shrugging. Zedina scowled.

"About that. Can you stop? Alicia, please don't give her my key."

Jerida waved her off chuckling. "So, are we going you lazy bum? Or do we have to drag you out of bed?"

Zedina sighed heavily and looked at her friends, exhaustion was written all over her expression.

"Fine, let me just take a bath." She sighed heavily.

"Great! I will meet you guys there. Bye bitches." Jerida said and skipped out of the room.

"I'll get going too, Ian wants me over to his room."

"Who's going to do my makeup?" Zedina asked pouting.

"I will," Jessica said grabbing her makeup bag. Zedina frowned. Alicia chuckled and kissed her cheeks and then left after hugging the others.

"Hey, I am offended you presumed that I can't do proper makeup." Jessica smacked Zedina playfully. Zedina stuck her tongue out and then walked to the bathroom.

Author's Note

Vote for the chapter if you liked it :))

Have you tried dating apps? I have. Didn't turn out okay the last six tries :(