Talk Too Much // Max Mayfield (Requested)

Summary: You naturally talk a lot and Max usually doesn't mind, but as things always do in Hawkins, things always change.

Requested by: @sadiesirlwife
----------------
You were well known for being very talkative. Everyone in school knew you for being very open and extroverted towards people. You always had great stories to tell, so people didn't really mind your talkative nature.

Every day after school, you and your girlfriend Max would walk to your house together. You used to always tell her stories about what happened at school, something interesting that happened at home, anything you could think of you told Max.

Max didn't mind your talking. If anything, she loved hearing your stories. She loved hearing your voice. She never told you this, of course. Anything that you did that she liked, she wouldn't tell you because of her fear of rejection. She always feared that if she said the wrong thing, you might leave her.

Ever since Billy's death, you noticed Max had gotten quieter. She never said anything about your stories anymore. She never said anything at all on the way home. To you, Max thought your talking was annoying, but you couldn't help it. You were always one to talk. As soon as you started, you couldn't seem to stop. To Max, she needed your voice. It helped her cope, even if she never said anything about it.

There was one day Max seemed a little on edge, but you didn't really question in. Max didn't really talk to you as much anymore, so you knew she probably didn't want to talk about it.

You made your usual rounds around your classes, stopping to talk to your friends in between classes, waving to Max in the halls. At the end of the day, you waited for Max outside of school like every other day. She came out and you two started walking to your house. Max had just moved into a trailer in a trailer park closer to the outskirts of Hawkins, so for obvious reasons, you didn't go there often.

You started to talk about your day to Max, which Max seemed a little annoyed about for some reason.

"Max are you okay?" You ask her, one hand on your backpack and the other in your pocket looking at her with a worried face.

"I'm fine," she responds, not sparing a glance towards you.

You knew that she wasn't fine, but you didn't want to push her to say anything. You decided to just stay quiet for the rest of the walk home.

The rest of the walk was complete silence except for the casual sigh from either you or Max and the sound of your sneakers hitting the sidewalk. You kept glancing over at her, but she didn't care to look back. You felt some sort of put in your stomach. Did I do something wrong? Why is she acting so weird today? Should I keep talking? No I shouldn't push her to talk. But I want to help. But I don't think she wants my help. But I love her... You loved her. You never pushed yourself to say it and neither did Max. You wanted to tell her, you really did, but it seemed she really didn't feel the same way.

----------

When you got home, you and Max went upstairs into your room and threw your bags in the usual corner. You flopped down on your bed as Max pulled out her sketch book and sat at your desk and began to draw. You closed your eyes from the tiring day you had. A couple minutes later, you opened your eyes and looked over to Max. You really missed her. You missed her laugh, her smile, her voice. She almost never talked to you now, and you really missed it.

You decided to get up and go see what she was doing. You slowly walked up to your desk where she was seated. You bent down and wrapped your hands around her waist, putting your head on her shoulder.

"Whatcha drawing?" You ask, looking down at her paper which had a very skillfully drawn skull with what seemed like smoke coming out of it.

You heard her sigh before she spoke. "Just leave me alone right now, y/n." You could hear the anger and sadness in her voice, so you knew to back away. However, you being the talkative person you were attempted to push her to say more.