Skateboarding // Max Mayfield (Requested)

Summary: 1986, you and Max are hanging out after school and you agree to let her teach you how to skateboard.

Requested by: @dnfisgross

(s4 doesn't happen. this doesn't follow the stranger things plot)

Warning ⚠️: Slight mentions of blood
--------------------
You and Max are walking home together after school, like you do every day.

You had been best friends ever since she moved to Hawkins. The two of you had been inseparable ever since.

You walked to her house next to her as she skated next to you.

When you got to her house, the two of you hung out outside in the front yard. You watched Max on her skateboard and watched her do a bunch of tricks on the road.

"Hey y/n," she said to you as she approached you.

"Yeah?" You look up at her as you were sitting in the grass and she was standing over you.

"Can I show you how to skate?" You rolled your eyes at her. "Pleaseee? We've known each other for almost three years and you've never set foot on my skateboard."

You scoff, getting up from sitting on the grass to now be standing face to face with Max. "Fine," you respond, crossing your arms. Her smile widens as she grabs your arm and pulls you to the road. "But just this once!"

Max brought you in to the road as she set her skateboard down in front of you.

"Okay guve me your hands," Max says, holding out her hands over the board.

Your face went slightly red as you grabbed her hands.

"Alright now carefully step on," she continues, watching you carefully place your feet on the board.

The two of you smile as you fully get on the board, Max still holding on to your hands.

"Alright ready?" Max looks up to you. You nod as she begins to walk slowly with your hands still in hers to guide you along with her.

As the board moves, you slightly wobble, causing Max to put one hand on your waist to hold you still. Your face becomes more red than it was before.

Max guided you around on the road for around 10 minutes before you got the hang of it.

"I think I can do it," you tell her. Max looks up at you and smiles.

"Okay! I'm gonna let go," she warns, removing her hand from yours and her other hand from your waist.

When she lets go, you push off and go down the road. Not too fast, but faster than you were. You stop and turn around, Max smiling widley at you.

You come back down the road towards Max, and then past her. You look back at her with a smile and then turn back to watch where you were going.

Without paying attention, you hit a rock that was in the road, sending you flying to the pavement. You hear Max gasp and run over to you, kneeling above you.

"Y/n! Oh my god are you okay?" She checks you over for any cuts, mainly noticing the gash on your right arm. She winces at it before scanning the rest of your body, not seeing anything too serious.

"Yeah," you respond, your voice straining as your body was still in shock from the fall. "Yeah I'm okay."

"No you're not you have a huge cut. Come on, let's get you inside." Max grabs your hand and attempts to pull you up, only for you to grunt in pain and sit back down.

"My ankle," you say to her. "It hurts really bad."

"Okay," she kneels down and wraps her arm around your waist to keep you steady.