Coming Home // Sadie Sink (Requested)

Summary: You just got home from deployment and plan to surprise Sadie since she didn't know you were coming home.

Requested by: @izone2003
--------------------
You just got off your plane and you went to go get your bag from the baggage claim.

You had been on deployment in Afghanistan for close to nine months now, and it felt so good to finally be back in the states.

You were also beyond excited because you finally got to see your girlfriend Sadie after a long nine months away from her.

You had been keeping in touch with some of Sadie's friends as well to plan a surprise. Sadie was in college, so her friends told her she was eating lunch right now in the dining hall.

You
Hey, just got off the plane. Be there in about an hour

Mills
Alright, see u soon!!

You smiled at your phone, unable to contain your excitement. You picked up a light jog as you exited the airport.

You had gotten an Uber, so you waited in the parking lot for them to show up.

----------

You stopped at your apartment first to drop off your bag. When that was done, you went to your car and headed off to see Sadie.

The entire time in the car, you thought about Sadie. You had a smile on your face the whole time and a light blush coating your cheeks.

It was about a 20 minute drive from your apartment to the school campus Sadie was at. You still wore your camo army uniform, so many people smiled at you and thanked you for your service as you walked into the school.

When you got to the dining hall, you ran into Millie who was ordering her food.

"Y/n, hi!" She said excitedly, putting her free arm around you to give you a hug.

"Hey, Mills," you respond with a smile, reciprocating the hug.

"C'mon," Millie told you. "Sadie usually sits by the windows with our friends." Millie points to a table on the far side of the dining hall where she saw Sadie laughing with some of her friends. You couldn't help but smile at her.

"I'll go sit down first so it isn't suspicious," Millie tells you with a smile. You nod at her and she walks over to the table to sit across from Sadie, leaving an open seat for you.

You ordered your own lunch and waited a few minutes after Millie sat down before walking over to the table. Sadie's friends glanced at you and smiled slightly, knowing you were planning on surprising your girlfriend.

"Is it okay if I sit here?" You ask Sadie. She still had a smile on her face as she turned to face you, which quickly turned into a look of shock as she dropped her sandwich down on her tray.

Sadie stood up and wrapped her arms around you in a tight hug. You did the same, not daring to let go of her.

"Oh my, God!" Sadie said as she pulled away, a few tears brimming in her eyes. "Are you-- oh my, God."

You pulled her back into a hug, to which she jumped up to wrap her legs around your waist. You held her up and kissed her temple. She let a few tears fall onto your uniform as she held you tightly.

"I missed you so much," she mumbled into your shoulder.

"I missed you too, Sades," you tell her. You set her back down and she pulled you in for a kiss. Her arms wrapped around your neck as yours wrapped around her waist. "I love you so much," you say to her with a smile after she broke away from the kiss.

"I love you too," she said as tears fell down her face. You smiled at her and wiped her tears away before pulling her back in for another hug.

"Let's finish lunch," you tell her, pulling away from the hug. "I'm starving."

Sadie laughed at your comment before sitting back down at the table with you next to her.

When you sat back down, Sadie took your hat and put it on her head.

"Hey!" You say to her with a smile. Sadie only smiles at you and adjusts the hat on her head. You only chuckled and shook your head before eating your lunch with your girlfriend.

Throughout the entirety of lunch, Sadie held your hand, had a hand on your thigh, or rested her head on your shoulder. She didn't dare leave the warmness of your touch.

You were so happy and excited to be home again, and you couldn't wait to spend the rest of your time home with your girl.