Don't Die... // Max Mayfield

Summary: You and Max are in the attic of the Creel house, Max trying distract Vecna. Things don't go according to plan...

Warning ⚠️: Mentions of guns, blood, and death

Female reader as Cassidy Thomas
--------------------
You were currently sitting against a wooden pole in the attic of the Creel house, not taking your eyes off of Max.

She was being possessed by Vecna.

As much as it pained you to your core to see your girlfriend fighting against the one person who attempted to kill her once, you sat still. This was all a part of the plan and if you wanted it to work, you had to sit and let it happen.

You watched as Max spazzed every few seconds, her eyes rolling into the back of her head. You sighed, a few tears pricking in your eyes as you observed your girlfriend. You were making sure that if Vecna attempted to get her again, you would be there to call in Kate Bush.

It was close to quiet, a few creaks in the wood or a cricket or Max's rugged breathing being the only noises you could hear. You tried not to focus on Max's breathing, though.

Your leather jacket and band t-shirt keeping you somewhat warm as the cool, stale air swept past you from a breeze outside, carrying some fresh air through the attic. You cursed yourself for wearing your ripped jeans instead of warm sweatpants. You hugged your knees to your chest in attempt to keep warm.

It was all somewhat peaceful before the attic door burst open to reveal Jason. You stood up as quick as humanly possible as you faced him.

He glared at you before looking over to Max, who was sitting on the floor, spazzing every few seconds still.

"What the hell is this?" He questioned you, slowly walking over to Max.

"Lay a finger on her and you won't live to see the sunrise," you threatened, gritting your teeth at him.

"The hell did you do to her?" He continued to interrogate you.

"Jason," you warned. "Don't touch her."

The boy waved a hand in front of Max's face in attempt to get her attention.

You took a step closer to him before he stood up to face you.

"Wake her up," he ordered you.

"No, I can't." You eyes flickered down to your feet before back up to the boy.

"What do you mean 'you can't'?" He asked, becoming angry. "I thought she was your girlfriend or some shit. Wake her up!"

You began to grow angry with him. "She is, but I'm telling you, Jason, I wake her up and we all die!"

"Is she your next sacrifice?" He asked again. "Your own girlfriend?"

"I'm not sacrificing her, Jason, just listen!-"

"No, you listen!" He pulled out his gun, pointing at you, making you back up, eyes flickering with fear as you raised your hands in defense.

"You wake her up, or you die."

"I can't-"

You hear a click.

He's not playing around.

"Wake. Her. Up."

You contemplate what you should do. Wake Max up and risk the deaths of thousands of innocent people, or get shot by a heartbroken psychopath?

You eventually just went for it, charging at Jason and tacking him to the floor. His gun fires. going through the wood of the house.

You straddle him on the ground, throwing punch after punch to his face.