21. His Mother

Mihawk read the flier, which was about how the Tournament would be for Leaders/Captains only. He stayed in the Teacher's Lounge and drunk his coffee, out of curiosity, he went out and decided to watch the Tournament, then he changed his mind last minute and decided to walk around the hallways. He caught a good amount of students who were misbehaving, despite some who are older than they seem. He still doesn't regret resigning from his former job as an office worker, it was a pain and he didn't have a lot of free time. Being a teacher isn't all that bad as long as you're considered scary among students, and a former warlord.

After a few rounds, he spotted a certain someone circling around the hallways and accidentally entering the women's restroom. Mihawk heard a lot of squeals about a green head sneaking in, but he knows the reason so he went there himself and pulled Zoro out by his ear. "Detention. You. Me. Now." Zoro had no say in the matter and decided to follow his father-teacher.

As soon as the entered the room, no one was found, not even Shanks. I guess it's because of that Tournament, huh. Dang it. Why were those girls shouting anyway? Zoro thought to himself as he sat on one of the desks.

Ten minutes passed and it was very quiet, Zoro remembered something then saw Mihawk absorbed in some other book again, so he cleared his throat. Which made Mihawk raise a brow at him, putting his book aside, assuming it's about what he had said earlier.

"Uh, is it about mom..? You wanted to tell me something earlier, I assume it has something to do with her?"

"If only you use that brain for academical purposes.. You brat." Zoro shuddered, triggered by his father.

"Alright then, I'll get straight to the point. You're not my son."

Mihawk stared at Zoro expecting a surprised reaction, but it was all neutral, as if he knew this would happen.

"To be honest, I knew there was nothing similar about you and me. I mean, we're so different, it would make lots of sense. Heck, my hair is naturally green and yours is black, mom's hair is probably pink. But to tell you the truth, I expected that that would be the reason you wanted to talk to me, did you pick me off the streets?" Mihawk shook his head,

"She didn't want to raise you, and you're her son. In short, she slept with some other man because I wasn't enough for her, she eventually stopped having feelings for me at some point and started cheating. I knew she was doing so, but I loved her and I cared for her, so I didn't want to leave her by confronting her about it. I was a selfish man, I don't know if I changed. But once, she took it too far, her shenanigans, that is. She'd been hooking up with my former secretary. I thought it was her typical cheating but, one of the employees had seen that man taking your mother with him to his house, and since he's my secretary I knew his address, I let it slide that one time. Because I thought she'd be doing the normal. She normally wouldn't get herself fucked by other people. But I was wrong, the second time this had happened, I bugged both of their clothes when I had the chance. Those.. Noises were heard. That's when I knew, not even a single ounce of love was remained for me, she was head over heels for that man. He was also married, but his wife was always in the hospital. It was quite complicated. Later on, I confronted her about this, she said that she was pregnant with you. And said that you were my son. I knew she lied but I didn't want to expose the bugging that I had done to get my hands on her cheating. So we went to get a DNA test. And also went to several doctors, all of them said that you weren't my child. When she gave birth to you, I ignored your existence. Perona was just a kid so she doesn't remember anything, by the way. A few months later, thieves broke in. She protected Perona with you in her hands. They threatened her but she stood fearless, but she wasn't strong enough to save herself. She had set off the alarm the moment she got stabbed and bled to death. She stopped loving me, she had her eyes set on other people. But I, still cried and mourned over her death in secret. Because I truly loved that woman and that's how she had repayed me."
.
.
.
.
.