Chapter 7: Maze

"I'm in the deepCome look for meYou like your peaceBut you love a little chaos"Maze - Alina Baraz

"I'm in the deep
Come look for me
You like your peace
But you love a little chaos"
Maze - Alina Baraz

Hint! Every chapter picture at the top is important, as well as the song, and the gif. THIS CHAPTER YALL ARE GONNA LOVE ME (listen to the song when you get to the bedroom scene pllzzzzz)
Spicy level: 🌶🌶

Tw: cutting/knife stuff

🌬

It was one thing to read about the sea and it's vengeance. It was another, to see it afar, thrashing about from her window, and sit above its mighty pull. It was wholly another to be near it. To see it's foamy claws reaching out to her, just to suddenly disappear behind the rocks.

And yet, it seemed less daunting than what was waiting for her inside the fortified castle.

Why?

She thought, as she pulled at some of the strings on the back of her dress, trying to alleviate the pressure on her chest.

Every one of her actions had been thought through her entire life. Meticulously planned, carefully crafted. That, sitting on the prince's lap, had been impulsive. And she didn't even get a reaction worthy of the act.

It was treacherous. Stupid.

Leila was starting to realize the more she tried to move him, she felt more of the pull in herself.

She fucking hated it. Hated that the one thing she knew about herself, was that she had will. Self-control. He made her feel like she had never had control at all.

The girl walked forward, letting crushed shells and rock undulate beneath her shoes. The roaring got louder as she neared. A dark, velvet expanse. The moon shone clearly, glittering wisps across the surface. No other spot of land could be seen on the left or right.

But the princess wanted to experience everything. Feeling centered by the silver light hitting her cheek bones and kissing her lips, she bent down and took off her heels. A tentative step forward, her hands out to keep her balance. But the rocky beach did not break her skin.

Underneath the bite of sediment, was a soft sand. She sighed, feeling its grit filter between her aching toes. It was a white color, dissimilar to the soft brown she knew. It urged her closer to the water.

Leila wanted to feel it all. All that she had not felt before.

The chaos of nature seemed to calm her tumultuous, newborn emotions. She prided in the tide, waning with the moon. Closer, and closer, her eyes widened with inexperience as she made it to the water's true edge. The salt and spray trickling over her, the salty smell thick, but inviting. Wind whipping her hair into tight ropes.