Chapter 25: Exile

"He did it all to spare me from The awful things in life that comesAnd he cries and criesI know he knows that he's killing me for mercy"

The awful things in life that comes
And he cries and cries
I know he knows
that he's killing me for mercy"

Murder Song - Aurora

Spice -o- meter: 🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️ (this is somehow more explicit than anything else I've ever written. You've been warned!)

🤫

"Setareh?! Let go of her Jimin!" Leila's voice ripped out of her, as if the years of bad blood between them were washed away with the threat of her youngest sister's being spilt into the snow.

Nothing mattered, other than the thirsty look in his eyes, his fangs to close to her small neck. Her sister quaked like a shattered lake, her fearful gaze begging her sister for help.

The man did not let her go. His eyebrow raising, as his grip on her sister's waist tightened. Jeongguk looked uncomfortable, his hand outstretched towards the pair. Leila was furious, as the man continued to toy with her.

Jimin clicked his teeth, looking at the three tense being around him, finally settling on Leila when he made Setareh yelp, pulling on her hair harder, "One play at being good, and you trust her already? That's not very smart of you Leila. She treated you like a dog, and now she's been captured like one."

Setareh started to cry, his words sinking in. It was clear she felt guilty, felt as if she deserved Jimin's vitrol. But Leila couldn't hate her. Not anymore.

The princess was losing control. From her toes, to the top of her head, she felt her internal energy surge. Her chest was bright under her wool and fur clothing, the light of the moon refracting from her fingertips.

"She's my sister. If you hurt her, I will make you regret any ounce of pain you caused her."

As Jimin laughed, the harsh sound filling the night air, she felt the prince brush a finger against her back. It was his sign to let her know  she would control the situation, not him. That he was still there if she needed him. She appreciated that he wasn't inserting himself, or telling her to calm down. To dampen her magic, or to make herself smaller to not anger his best friend. He let her rage. No matter how far it took her.

"I thought you were better than that Leila." Jimin said, looking genuinely disappointed by what she said. Leila did not know why, but she didn't have time to figure out at the moment. He would be dealt with later. She just needed him to let her go.

She felt the prince's fist tighten at her spine, and knew she would have little time before he lost to his own anger at Jimin's disrespect towards her. He was already holding himself back now.

Leila kept her voice chill, level as she stared the man down, "I don't know what the fuck has gotten into you, but obviously the lack of blood has gotten to your brain. Was I not clear enough the first time? Let go of my sister or you will be demoted from your position as advisor to kitchen help, and no amount of history between you and the prince or pathetic groveling to me will bring you back up."