Chapter 49: Ancient Sun

"I used to float, now I just fall downI used to know, but I'm not sure nowWhat I was made forWhat was I made for?"

I used to know, but I'm not sure now
What I was made for
What was I made for?"

What Was I Made For? - Billie Eilish

Spice -O- Meter:
🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️💕💕💕💕💕

🌞

Death is warm.

Leila thought to herself that she made it to the heavens. Because it felt like she was back in Taehyung's bed, surrounded by that golden glow in his chest when he was happy. She embraced the feeling, letting her final sacrifice give her some of that feeling back.

She knows she is dead because if she were alive the man would not be holding her. He would probably strike her down, and make it true. All the love he had felt for her was gone as she broke her one and only promise to him.

Maybe this is hell.

The heat that trailed along her arms, her nose, and the small hairs all over her body. It was only the comfort before the torment. A final sigh before a plunging blow. She would endure it, for him. She deserved to be punished for making him suffer like that. The idea of retribution flaying her to the bone made her almost feel less reprehensible.

One day he would forget the sound of her laugh or the way her hair curled around her arm. He would forget the exact shade of her eyes, and only reminisce at night when the sky was clear and revealed a full moon. He would remember their passion, their flame, and try to find it with someone new.

A heated tear trailed down her cheek at the thought, and she wondered why hell hadn't taken her melancholy away. Because at least he was alive. At least he would be okay. No matter how much he denied it, he would live on. He would have to like she had to let go.

As she stared into nothingness, she missed him. She missed them all. She had not been given a chance to say goodbye to her sister, or Jeongguk. The man who had threatened his way into her heart. Nor all the noblemen who had given her a chance despite the massacre. Not Jimin, who could one day be a friend again. Only Lily knew, and if things went awry, she was meant to find Taehyung. To prevent any crazy thoughts he had of joining her.