Chapter 19: Immortal

"But if the earth ends in fireAnd the seas are frozen in timeThere'll be just one survivorThe memory that I was yoursAnd you were mine"

And the seas are frozen in time
There'll be just one survivor
The memory that I was yours
And you were mine"

Immortal -Marina

🐚

To think Leila had gone from princess assassin, to infatuated princess assassin in less than two months was awe inspiring. A book waiting to be written, by a solemn, romantic, and drunk author.

Before, she had wanted to kill Taehyung because she been led to believe it would break the curse.

Now, she wanted to kill Taehyung because he was being a cowardly, awful, righteous git.

In her time at this kingdom, she'd learned the power of attachments. How dislike could pull at one's tongue and make a usually calm person spout terrible things. How friendship, which she'd found in both Lily and Jimin, made her feel fiercely loyal and protective.

Like. She fancied the prince. Desired him. Both things that were not love, but their ancestors. Planting seeds and burying roots that were growing into fierce vines that wished to embrace her heart.

Now she understood why she had been barred from them. She had only felt a fraction of love, and yet it was so potent it ruled over her. In three nights, she'd wanted to abandon everything for the taste of him again. Contemplating the very reason, she wished to seduce him in the first place. All for a man who was not willing to take the same leap. To try with her. To find a solution to their tragic destiny.

Somehow vampires that were not truly vampires, who wanted to kill her and or harvest her blood were the least of her worries. It was their Prince, their ruler, and her divine counterpart that wanted to treat her like mended glass that would be her downfall.

The prince that stood slightly before her right now, his deep voice that he had caressed her with last night, as stark and regal, as necessary. It made the princess seethe.

Last night had only aided in complicating the already warped relationship between the prince and her. At only a distance away, she wanted to close the gap. Claim him in front of the court, just as he did in her bedroom. Was it possible? To feel the remnants of a touch hours later, as if it just happened? A chill ran through her.

If I stabbed him again, would he pay attention?

But alas, the audience before them would more than likely show displeasure if that happened again. The entirety of the court sat in the dark, crystalline throne room presently. Windows replaced and primed to perfection, much to her amusement.

Jimin and Leila were stationed by the prince's side. On the opposite side of the prince were, Yoongi, Jeongguk, Namjoon, Jin, and Hoseok, who remained in a line, never stepping out of place. Their presence showed the severity of the situation. They had frequented the castle more often than ever before, or at least that is what Leila was told. Then finally, Taehyung's royal guard were near the back wall and the sides, surrounding the group.