Chapter 26: Day& Night

"I see what it's likeI see what it's like for day and nightNever together'Cause they see things in a different light"

I see what it's like for day and night
Never together
'Cause they see things in a different light"

You and I - One Direction
(Idc what anyone says this song is still ART and the lyrics literally represent this story sksksksjaj)

Spice -o- meter: 🌶️🌶️

🌗

"Sorina, please put on the damn dress."

"No."

Clarisse, my favorite and only friend, looks exasperated. She's been begging for about a half hour. And more than late to her other servant duties because of my refusal.

I did feel bad for wasting her time. I didn't feel a thing about denying the King's command other than childish delight.

After that strange night, where he confessed his need for my flesh, he hadn't made another statement of that proportion.

Yet with all his duties, he still managed to find the time to taunt me in my cage. Telling me about his noble friends, and how he had recently learned how to make stained glass. I knew how to add colors and mend them together, useless information considering my circumstance. All
while he sipped on a cup of my silver blood.

Though he didn't drink it right in front me anymore. He had the decency to hide, wiping the corners of his lips before he babbled about anything and everything.

It'd been a year since that night. Where he spun tales of lust. The curse's pull, I knew it to be.

That is all it could be.

I ignored him every night he came to visit. As always. But sometimes his ramblings were the only human interaction I had. So I began to tolerate them. Only for my dwindling sanity.

Until the queen found out two months ago, about his late night visits. I was the only one punished for his transgressions.

She decided to lash me in front of the entire court. Conveniently while the King had been away for a hunt.

When he had returned I felt betrayed. I don't know why, when I hated him and did not expect him to save me. I never trusted him. But, I never thought he'd let her hurt me.