Chapter 37: Sun on Me, Moon in You

"You are the sun on meI am the moon in youWhen you shine on meThat's when I show you my huesWhen we're alignedThat's when I am brand new"

I am the moon in you
When you shine on me
That's when I show you my hues
When we're aligned
That's when I am brand new"

Lifts - Lia Marie Johnson

This is the song that inspired Solace! Here is the new concept trailer for those who haven't seen it. I am in LOVE!!! I was listening to this song while writing Red Rubies and it gave me the idea of Solace, of Leila and the moon and the sun with Tae. It's the official theme song of the book, so please <3 listen

Spice-O-meter: 🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️

(FINALLY, it could be more but I think you'll see why I did less)

☀️🌙

The endless night stretched between them.

Leila took in every inch of the stricken look on his sculpted face. The fear, the resolution. Yet he did not confirm or deny her words. He blinked several times, his body shuttered close to the wall behind him. Keeping his hands beside him, his words under lock and key.

His lack of response was everything. The prince had always rejected her words when they came too close to the truth. He only stayed silent when he did not trust his ability to lie.

The princess strode across the sky, grabbing at infinite stars. Now she was convinced that the prince did feel as she suspected. It felt like a thousand shards of glass, that it might not change a thing between them.

Leila pleaded, "You love me Taehyung. No matter how many ways you attempt to deny it. You have loved me for a while. That is why I can speak about love. The reason I know what it feels like at all. Because of you. You taught me what love is, when I have been born to never know it. The irony of it all, to have abstained from emotion just to fall headfirst into the reason for my upbringing. A cruel, beautiful coincidence that has to mean something. So if you don't have the courage to lose me, hold onto me and I'll promise to never let go." The princess took a shaky breath, squeezing his cold hands. The prince just gaped, his brows furrowing. She shook her head, speaking earnestly in an oath, "I won't leave you. I promise that I will fight against fate if it means leaving your side. I refuse to let it win."

Silence, blanketed in Winter.

Leila waited, prayed, for the first time in her life to the deities.

The prince continued to look down at her, his head moving slowly back and forth in disbelief. In resignation? She did not know. Seconds stretched on. Minutes. Or has it been days? With each passing moments, her heart frayed like the leaves off a branch in autumn.